NF3 250GB Video Issues

Here is the next odd thing. When I put in a 3264 MB AGP video card into the system, I get NO display. The monitor tells me no signal. When I put back the card in question, thats when I get the artifacts. The video card in question is picked up fine in Device manager. I just tested the card again in my PC and its fine. I really hope they did not send my customer the same MB. I never thought to write down the SN of the board. I read a bunch of stuff about the ATI Sapphire having problems but I dont think the card is bad since it tests ok in my machine. What a pain.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EMI?

Electro magnetic interference, perhaps?

Got lots of electrical thing a majiggies surrounding the pc? Maybe isolate pc further from gizmos?

This problem I never dealt with b4.

Got the Molex off the 9800 XT plugged in? Thats a power hungry vid card.

You need very good constant amperage on the 12v rail of the psu.

My old 9800 Pro (not the XT) worked with or without the 4 pin molex if I remember right. It caused a few reboots so I plugged it in (at the time I had a weak psu).

What ps is it?

I have the weird artifact issue if i switch this psu off, then back on (i.e. if i'm changing another component in my system). The first boot after switching the psu on will result in a weird tiled corrupted display, but if i power the computer down and then turn it on again it will be fine. I think it's my power supply; in addition to an annoying cold boot issue, this weird artifacting problem caused me to order a fortron 530 watt. I'll report back to see if the new psu made the problem go away. An Antec 380 watt seems woefullly inadequate to me for that type of setup.