How to make Ghost work with nvraid

Hi all,

I know there are issues with ghost not recognizing raid setups when cloning drives.

After some research I've managed to make it work if you add the following to the ghost cmd line: ghost.exe -ffx -fni

I you use windows, go to advanced options and in the command line tab add: -ffx -fni

Tested with Ghost 2003 and 4 SATA Maxtor 160GB drives in a RAID 0+1 config.

Thanks man have not looked to see if that syntax can be used in the floppy version or not when called on to 'run'. Will have to look.

I got tired of nothing working and found Paragon Harddrive Manager 6.01 works so I had been using that. Acronis seemed to work for one and not the other and not for me.

Will see if I can edit my floppy later.

Thanks again.

RGone...

• 1 month later...

I never knew there was any problem with single sata drives? I only had problems when I wanted to ghost my arrays that were in place on NVRAID ROM.

By the way the tips HalDol gave work like a champ for me on the NF3. 1.4gig backed up in 57 seconds to another much slower older hard drive. Put the image back to the NVRAID array in the same 57 odd seconds. Smokes is all I know.

Oh and there is a sticky about the situation that I found just 2 days ago over at pcper and the MSI forum because I personally visit all other manufacuturers sites to see what problems they have with their specific boards. I was over there and saw a ghost sticky.

RGone...

I never knew there was any problem with single sata drives? I only had problems when I wanted to ghost my arrays that were in place on NVRAID ROM.

By the way the tips HalDol gave work like a champ for me on the NF3. 1.4gig backed up in 57 seconds to another much slower older hard drive. Put the image back to the NVRAID array in the same 57 odd seconds. Smokes is all I know.

Oh and there is a sticky about the situation that I found just 2 days ago over at pcper and the MSI forum because I personally visit all other manufacuturers sites to see what problems they have with their specific boards. I was over there and saw a ghost sticky.

RGone...

I've read enough white papers on RAID 10 to make my head hurt. In general, I've yet to find detailed instructions on how to do this in XP Pro (SP2). What I would like to see is my regular XP Pro work as it does now. I would want to mirror this with 1 drive. Yet, I'm told this is impossible because RAID Stripe C:

There's two other drives. I keep my data files on an a second drive. It appears to me that I need to stripe 1 drive and then mirror it.

What I need is a step X step description of how to do this. Any thoughts? Feel free to post this with your reponse.