Jump to content

bios corrupt


Recommended Posts

New setup that just got running with the nF3 LP UT 2500 and A64 3200. Running latest offical bios.

 

OK, was increasing the HTT/FSB up (200 to 220) and it didn't like it, i.e. wouldn't boot. So I "tried" to reset the CMOS (reset the jumper) and now when it boots it never gets past the LanParty UT boot image. Would tend to suggest to me the bios got corrupt (for no good reason).

 

Any suggestions how to get past this other than a reprogrammed or new bios chip? I don't have a spare bios chip right now so can't hot flash (I assume that'll work on these boards).

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pull the battery and of course A/c to the power supply and jumper cmos to the clear position for about 15 or maybe 30 mins and it should come back up. Reverse all above and when powering up hold down the "insert" key on keyboard.

 

 

 

RGone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by RGone

Pull the battery and of course A/c to the power supply and jumper cmos to the clear position for about 15 or maybe 30 mins and it should come back up. Reverse all above and when powering up hold down the "insert" key on keyboard.

 

 

Ya, I have tried that. Left it overnight. No improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Angry_Games

my best suggestion is never begin overclocking anything without a backup plan. Only crazy dudes do that ;)

 

hehe, like me :D I never had any b-up plans when I started OC'ing, still don't :D but I have like 5 comps so I can probably hot-flash with one of them, hopefully I never have to. ;)

 

Just something that I have learnt from experience, if you F**k up you BIOS while OC'in don't do the jumper-thing, I have an ABIT that'll never boot again :(. Just take the extra 10 minutes and remove the battery and power-chord - safer and more likely to work. I know it woun't help you now but for future reference...

 

Hope you'll get it working again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like AG have found it quite hard to corrupt the bios on the UT250gb board but in fact I do have a bios savior on it as I do so much testing and flailing around. It is just plain smart business for me in my position of have to get back up. After all it is still an Nforce chipset with their method of cmos. Better by far than since the introduction of NF2 but never a sure thing.

 

RGone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by deeppow

New setup that just got running with the nF3 LP UT 2500 and A64 3200. Running latest offical bios.

 

OK, was increasing the HTT/FSB up (200 to 220) and it didn't like it, i.e. wouldn't boot. So I "tried" to reset the CMOS (reset the jumper) and now when it boots it never gets past the LanParty UT boot image. Would tend to suggest to me the bios got corrupt (for no good reason).

 

Any suggestions how to get past this other than a reprogrammed or new bios chip? I don't have a spare bios chip right now so can't hot flash (I assume that'll work on these boards).

 

Thanks.

 

If you are getting to the full screen logo the computer has already posted and you

well into the boot. You are also past the point of getting into bios setup using the

Delete key.

 

Watch your Num Lock / Cap Lock / Scroll Lock keyboard lights after you hit the reset

button. They will momentarily light up before the Logo screen shows. When they do

hit and hold the delete key and you will probably go right into bios setup. Once there

load and save optimized defaults and reboot.

 

Viper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by RGone

I do have a bios savior on it as I do so much testing and flailing around.

 

In preparation for my next flailing exercise, I thought I might get a bios savior --- just in case. Looks like I need a RD1 PCM4. That agree with what you're using on your UT 250?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also, i dont know why these guys leave it out.

 

but when you see the DFI logo screen, press the "Tab" key, that will get rid of the logo so you can see the actual pPOST progress.

 

i honestly dont use any BIOS backups, or savior chips and any of that. i have never been sloppy enough to mess up the BIOS. its a very very simple process of flashing the BIOS. also, dont know why you are playing with the jumpers on this board when there is a switch you press for 5 to 10 secs on teh MB right next to the power on switch.

 

also, i dont know of ANY motherboard that needs you to put a jumper on for 30 mins+. for clearing the BIOS with jumpers, all you do is change the jumper, power up just so it posts and power back down and pur the jumper back to the default position.

 

it doesnt take 30+ mins to clear the BIOS. but hey, this is my first DFI, and while it has cool features, im not very impressed. Doom 3 takes aleast 1 min to start up. i havent loaded up any other good games to see if this will happen to them.

 

temps are very crapkered up. dont understand how the Devs can screw up something as simple as reading what the CPU temp is off a MB????? i know its little things, but it makes me wonder what else maybe wrong. i have only had this board for 1 week now.

 

but it is a nice OCing board, got to admit that.

 

Hellz

 

PS, take the board back to where you bought it and tell them its DOA and replace it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...