64 3400+1mb L2..caa2c:0449tpmw

Originally posted by KrisMCool

I was going to get one of those chips, but my luck and timing suck. Had to transfer money to my CC, and now excalibur is out of 'em. NewEgg is the only other place I know of that has any (for quite a bit less money also), but since I'm terrible when it comes to 'luck of the draw', I'm not sure whether to get one there or not. Their picture shows 0437, but I know it could be anything. They move a lot of chips, so I doubt it would be older than that.

I'll never be happy with only a 200MHz OC, so I will get something to replace this DTR. Whether I should jump at NewEgg or wait is the question. BTW, I'm glad to hear some of you have had such outstanding results from your new mobiles. Can you spare some luck?

I bought mine from NewEgg and got some POS 0431 WMPW that doesn't overclock worth snot, but someone else bought a NewEgg chip and did get an 0437, it's like you said, "luck of the draw"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ZigZag

If you lower trtw from 3 to 2, make bypass max 8x instead of 4x I think u will score higher.

I score 25, 300 @ 2400 Mhz, same vid card.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8305329

I changed trtw to 2 and bypass max to 7 since there is no 8 :)

I also upped my video card to 420-1100..

Is 26,668 better ?

For 2700 Mhz 27K is about right.

Very nice score though, Thunda.

Those mobiles kick a$$.

These year old"CO" Clawhammers I have don't clock much at all. Best I've gotten is 2490 Mhz out of a 3400+ (2.2)

Originally posted by dmon

I have one on the way from newegg. Hopefully I do as well. THunDA, is your 6800 GT @ stock speed? I thought your 01 bench would be higher. I can tweek a 27,??? running 2250.

My card was at 420-1100 for the bench..

You do realize you have a x800XtPE right.. ? ;)

Ill be having one of them myself towards the end of the week and will see the benching difference.. I believe ill gain alot..

:nod:

edit..

Oh and btw... I was able to prime last night for 8 hours at 275x10

so tonight ill test 3dstability more but she seems very stable..

:shake: :shake:

Originally posted by Atomic_Onion_Ma

X800s do much better in 01 for whatever reason...I've seen someone with an X800XT turn a 35k score in 01

3DM01se is so system speed dependant it is only useful for comparing cards tested

in the same system. Even then the results can be very miss leading as the system

will choke all high end vid cards and mask any speed difference including the speed

difference between a stock and modded card .

3DM03 is much less effected but that 3DM01se but still is to an extent. 3DM05 is

fairly immune to system speed differences unless they are really gross.

As an example a stock 520/560 x800XT-PE will do around 23,200 in 3DM01se in a

DFI Ultra Infinity running 251x11 with the drivers set at high quality. The same card

will do around 30,500 in a 250GB running 300x9 1:1.

The same card in the same test rigs running 3DM05 will pull around 5800 in the

DFI UI and around 5900 in the 250GB.

Viper

Originally posted by ViperJohn

[

As an example a stock 520/560 x800XT-PE will do around 23,200 in 3DM01se in a

DFI Ultra Infinity running 251x11 with the drivers set at high quality. The same card

will do around 30,500 in a 250GB running 300x9 1:1.

The same card in the same test rigs running 3DM05 will pull around 5800 in the

DFI UI and around 5900 in the 250GB.

Viper [/b]

Point is moot. Apples to Oranges comparison.

There is no way a DFI Infinity (using an nforce 2 chipset & socket A processor) can be compared to an AMD64 & any S754 or S939 mobo. On any unbuffered benchmark. AMD64 wins by a hefty margin.

He is pointing out the differences in what the tests measure, not the differences in the mobo platforms. ie 01 is very influenced by the system and 03/05 are measuring the pure graphics capability of the card.

That is why people use 01 to measure system overclock and 03 and 05 to measure graphics card oc.

Originally posted by ZigZag

Hardly. You need to reread what was written.

There is no way a DFI Infinity (using an nforce 2 chipset & socket A processor) can be compared to an AMD64 & any S754 or S939 mobo. On any unbuffered benchmark. AMD64 wins by a hefty margin.

No kidding lol.

That was the point of the whole comparison...to show the effect that system speed

has on 3DM01se and the relative immunity that 3DM05 has when it comes to the

speed of the system the card is tested in.

To carry the campare a little futher if you kick that x800XT-PE clocks up to 648/600

you will pull around 23,750 in the same DFI UI test bed for a gain of only about 2.4%.

The card is spending almost all the extra GPU clock cycles waiting for the slower

system, primarily the CPU's FPU, to deliver polygon data to the card to render.

3DM05 on the other hand will come to 6700-6800 (15%) or so with a 648/600 XT-PE

card in either system because 3DM05 is so immune to system speed differences.