Jump to content

Max rated amps for DFI lanparty UT nf3 250gb


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what's teh max amps for the CPU fan header on this mobo?

 

I plan on getting a 120mm fan rated at 0.52Amps and want to make sure I dont burn out my mobo.

 

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't suggest running any high draw fans like Deltas or other .5A+ from the Motherboard Headers.

Cut up the wire so just the sensor goes to the mobo if you want monitoring, but you should really only run fans that powerfull off a molex connection - preferably one without 4 HDD's on it :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanyo Denki 12VDC 0.52Amp Brushless DC San Ace Muffin Fans, Model 109R1212H101 - 120mm Square x 38mm wide.

 

ACK ACK ACK!!

 

W/ all the money i'm spending to OC this chip I could've just bought a higher rated chip!! :D

 

 

Ah well, I guess now it's time to look for a fan controller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Jasonthegreat

Sanyo Denki 12VDC 0.52Amp Brushless DC San Ace Muffin Fans, Model 109R1212H101 - 120mm Square x 38mm wide.

 

Sounds like that fan will push some serious CFM :nod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Specs per SANYO-DENKI:

2600 rpm @ 102.3 cfm/ 39dBA..64.7 PA/ static pressure..6~13.8 volts..6.24 watts/ 0.52 amps.

 

:D

 

I ordered 2 of them so i could do a duct on my XP-120, i hear it cuts noise. Got the fans pretty cheap too, $4.99 each. I hear they kick butt.

 

 

I just added up all the cash I'll have to spend to OC this chip and realized that it equals the EXACT amount as a 3400+($222.00 for chip plus cooling gear). Haha, I'm not sure what to think,

 

anyways, I think i'll be getting this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-999-503&depa=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Jasonthegreat

Specs per SANYO-DENKI:

2600 rpm @ 102.3 cfm/ 39dBA..64.7 PA/ static pressure..6~13.8 volts..6.24 watts/ 0.52 amps.

 

:D

 

I ordered 2 of them so i could do a duct on my XP-120, i hear it cuts noise. Got the fans pretty cheap too, $4.99 each. I hear they kick butt.

 

 

I just added up all the cash I'll have to spend to OC this chip and realized that it equals the EXACT amount as a 3400+($222.00 for chip plus cooling gear). Haha, I'm not sure what to think,

 

anyways, I think i'll be getting this http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-999-503&depa=0

 

Haha awesome, sounds like you should be able to get your chip well past 2.4GHz.

I mean .. that's over 200cfm you're going to be pumping onto the XP-120. I hope your rig doesn't take off or something ;)

 

My XP-120 runs pretty nicely with a high-speed 120MM Panaflow. They're about 86CFM @ 34dBA i think.

 

Heh, i know exactly what you mean about spending money on overclocking though. I was thinking the other day, i've so far spent $140 on top of the initial CPU price in cooling .. it's @ 3700+ speeds though, which would've been another $350 on top of the CPU price, so i think i'm doing well so far :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha, yeah. But you know we're creating a demand and providing jobs for people so i guess it's not that bad...

 

Not to mention this is my first ever OC so i dont mind. I paid $250+ for my athlon xp 1800+ when it first cameout and this time around I did'nt want to spend so much cash on a chip. Not to mention the stuff I buy now will(hopefully) be able to cool my next system so live and learn. My next system BTW will be an FX-55 when they become sub $150(or sub $200 dual core) :D

 

I can run my chip at 2.4ghz stock, but when I start hitting 2.5ghz+ I get crazy temps(60C-70C) which i feel are making my OC unstable. Hopefully this will not all have been for nothing!!

 

Btw, getting 3800+ speeds

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Neptune755/3800.jpg

 

 

EDIT: Just saw your OC, thats freakin SWEEEET:eek: !!!

*:drool: :drool:

 

 

temps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh yeah, i love how you can read the stepping of the chip through that little window on the A64 box - i did some research before hand and got the best the store had :)

 

Right now at 100% load while folding, the CPU is @ 58°c according to SmartGuardian. Seems to stay rock solid up to 70°cm but we've just rolled into summer here in Australia :eek:

 

Might have to go for that dual 120mm fan design of yours :nod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Jasonthegreat

Does anyone know what's teh max amps for the CPU fan header on this mobo?

 

I plan on getting a 120mm fan rated at 0.52Amps and want to make sure I dont burn out my mobo.

 

 

thanks

 

Generally 350ma (.35A) is the accepted maximum on a 3 pin fan header.

 

Viper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally posted by RGone

= over 6watts and would think that very very borderline. Plus I would not run it on any header on my board.

 

 

RGone...

Hay RG I've got 0.6watt fans here... how many can I run off one mobo header? I want 3...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...