audio problems

hey... i recently got a DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250gb and it installed without a hitch.. booted up first time... fast as all heck... anyway.. i later realised that the audio didnt work... only the front channels... so ive been tryin everything.. searching the web.. found this site ... it has a lot of helpful info on it, and i tried using all kinds of drivers from the ones that came on the cd to so betas.... any way.. nothing fixed it , i tryed both windows sound settings and the nvmixer... speaker wizard and everything.... but i hear the white noise on the speaker wizard but olny from the front channel speakers. if i muted that channel, and put my ear to the other channels, i can hear really soft white noise... or music... but not audible with other noise in the room... i have a 4 speaker setup, and have tried using all of the channels, and im sure it is not the speakers. searching the site hasnt helped all that much. can someone help me with this.. i noticed similar problems, but none quite the same. thank you verry much, and excuse me if my sig doesnt show up correctly.. first time posting... thanks in advanced...

What nforce drivers are you using now? It is doubtful that it is a motherboard problem, since 2 channels are working fine and none of the others are. Usually it will be either all not working or just one channel not working if it was a mobo issue. Sounds like a driver or a windows setup problem.

David

nope same thing... the front channels work, but when i run the wizzard, i hear a slight fuzz in the other channels... but once i try music or anything like that, there is not sound from any speakers other than the front.. any other ideas?

yup ive tried that too.. 1 thing... this might be pretty stupid, and would explain my problems, but basically i am using 2 seta of speakers.. i know they all work, but for the extra channels, do i need speakers with an external amp.. ie- need external power to amplify the sound coming from the channels? cus i thought that i would just be able to plug any speakers in and it would work... but now im not sure... cuz its still not working and is buggin the crap out of me.. i might just break down and buy an audigy2 or w/e... better sound, no probs, etc.. but just donty have the money now... any way.. lemme know if my assumtions are correct.. or not.. either way, thank for the help everybody!

your speakers need to be amplified yes.

if you are running powered speakers out of the front channel and just plugging in speakers with no power amplifier source into the rest, it will not work.

i doubt it would ever work very well even with 2 sets of amplified speakers. You can try though.

http://www.angrygames.com/images/nf3/nf3_bios10.jpg