Sign in to follow this  
Prostock62

[RESOLVED]RELOAD WINDOWS>> Windows problem

Hi guys i have something going on with my computer i can not figure out.I have cable for internet service and aol i ride piggy for the high speed.This only happens on the cable side using internet explorer,when i open pages up a lot of the time i get little x marks where something should be.Another example on ebay they have the counters down bottom to track how manny people are looking at your stuff,there are x marks there insted of the number of the counter.Now i go to the same web site on aol and iam getting full pages and the counters work fine.Strange.I pulled my video card and put a almost new one in and it does the same,i pushed up the APG volts and nothing.I also uped the screen refresh rate and still the same,and i even reinstalled windows.It seems like a internet explorer problem,thats the browser iam using.I could have the same web site open on internet explorer and aol at the same time and aol is fine and IE has the x marks.Can anyone relate to this or had this problem and has a solution id be greatfull?Thanks.

Aol is known for dorking up the IE broswer and is in fact a modded IE browser anyway. Read the version on the AoL browser sometime and by all means try google. You have either let AoL mess with the settings of Internet Explorer or you may have done it yourself. Tons and tons of information on the the internet found by using google or other search engines.

And there are many many causes from corrupt IE to misseting.

Might well unearth the cause of the problem but since you did not search my guess is you want the easy way and that is to reload Windows.

Scroll thru their adds at top and answers appear towards the bottom as that is a for pay site but the answer is usually shown anyway on down the page.

RGone...

Originally posted by Prostock62

Thanks for the ansewers Rgone.I did try to search and tryed diffrent things but no luck so far.

Problem Solved.

Good deal. What was the problem for the others to see and then search may well be of value to them as that is the true intent of a help forum? Quite literally or to be exact> I have always resolved every problem I have ever experienced in 6+ years of computering. Only 2 situations come to mind where I did not find a fix or workaournd. But if I did not or others did not post our results in finding fixes or repairs then there would be nothing on the internet to use in trouble-shooting.

So what did you do to fix your problem?

RGone...

The red X's were the graphic images not loading. AOL has several graphic load options incuding one that will not load images that are served from the current page like counters and such.

Looks like you found the right setting.

Congratulations

it might also be that hes set his cookies to not accept from third parties that sometimes goofs with counters/trackers and image files

Sorry i should of posted sooner,i tryed to come up with a solution to this but no luck.I ended up reinstalling windows to correct it.I tryed fixing internet explorer in windows and did some google searching but no luck.I wish i new a fix i could post to correct this because this seams to happen often.Maybe a little more research.Thanks for the info guys.