XP Professional x64?

Ok guys i was doing my usuall updates and i came across the XP professional x64 for 64 bit systems and you can download a year trial for it. This seems a bit fishy. Has anyone else installed this or even heard about it. Your thoughts please.

I would have to say it is a waste of time. I had it installed for about 2 weeks. I removed it because to me it was not worth having right now. As Thunda mentioned before, driver support sucks. Win XP-64 may be better when it actually fully supports 64 bit computers, but I think it's still too early right now. It looks and acts just like XP-Pro 32 bit, nothing much different except the aggravation of driver problems.

David

I've installed and tried it, it's abit buggy and unoptimised (arent all MS OSses? :D) (memusage after install 430MB :rolleyes: ) but otherwise it's ok. I didn't have any big driver problems with it but my 9800Pro works better with the Microsoft's dirvers than with ati's x64-betas. (I also have the 360-day trial.)

My suggestion would be to try it out on an other disk/partition, but unless you have lots of mem don't expect mutch :D. Oh and a sidenote; I wasn't able to install any anti-virus softare on it but I only tried F-secures Client Security 2004/2005-trials.