cant pass 255!

stealth17

With my Lan Party (32-bit) i am running muskin bh-6 2x256, XP-M 2500, and merlins bios. I have tried different bioses and such but anytime i go past 255*[email protected] 3.3vdimm 1.9vdd, it locks up in memtest86. Temps are fine. swiftech NB cooler.

could it be my cpu since i only have the multi at 9 and running it at 1.5v?

tried lossening timmings from my 11-2-2-2-2-1-3-3-3-3-3-4 but still the same thing..CPC is OFF. this board seems to like merlins bios as anything else i have tried cant even hit 255 :(

dont have any mofset cooling yet as im waiting on my thermal tape in the mail...

thanks

Originally posted by stealth17

could it be my cpu since i only have the multi at 9 and running it at 1.5v?

Geeze .. give her some juice.. :)

Also have you tried testing each mem stick seperatly to see if one is holding you back ?

Originally posted by THunDA

Geeze .. give her some juice.. :)

Also have you tried testing each mem stick seperatly to see if one is holding you back ?

yeh im going to put my 10c water cooling on it and give ot more prolly tonight....does ya think that will improve FSB and stablity? so i mean if i can get like 255 out of [email protected] could i get alot more with a 10 or 10.5 multi and more volts?

1.5V for cpu is not enought at this FSB. Even the CPU used to run fine with same clock at low FSB, you mostly have increase the voltage, when you pushing FSB hard and you do it hard ;)

But I see a little point of going so far, rather use these timings:

11-2-2-2-2-9-12-0-0-3-3-2-0-3-E-E-F-E

...and enjoy speed at say 240 - 250Mhz FSB. More that enought from the board.

PS. every mobo got limitation somewhere. You also pretty much well could just stumble upon it :):O

Originally posted by trodas

But I see a little point of going so far, rather use these timings:

11-2-2-2-2-9-12-0-0-3-3-2-0-3-E-E-F-E

I find i get better results with 7-14 than 9-12 .. depends on RAM i guess ;)