BIOS Settings

Guest Byron_merged

I am trying , again, to get more out of my setup. I had a couple questions regarding making changes in the BIOS.

Currently have done minimal overclocking to my system. It seems to be very stable. Prime overnight, benchmarks, games etc.

I have my settings to 215x12 my vid to auto and special to 104%

I have my memory to 2.7 and agp to 1.6 and agp to 67.

My memory is all on auto.

What other changes can I make to squeeze a bit more out of this setup?

Also, where in the bios is the pci/agp lock? and what does it do?

Sorry for the noob questions.

I'll give u two links i have had great use of. However keep in mind that what OSKAR WU wrote applies to TCCD memory. I don't know what u have but he has played a lot with the settings. I use most of them and it works great.

There is no need of a special AGP lock. I have my AGP set to 66 and run @ 265 HTT. Some people here use AGP @ 67 and claims that to lock the AGP.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=329627

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43534

I have my settings to 215x12
That is 2580mhz. What makes you think there is more in it? You don't say if you have a NewCastle (512L2) or a ClawHammer (1mbL2). Or what week and month the cpu was made?
It seems to be very stable. Prime overnight, benchmarks, games etc.

2580mhz with all those stable and you want to mess with it? A lot of people would be happy just to see 2580mhz with all the voltages set as low as you have which should equal easy to cool and long lasting.

You get more out of it by turning it up and putting voltage on it and pushing it. Change the settings and bench and see. In general you tweak it up. Then watch it heat up and worry about it becoming unstable and having to really do your homework then to get it stable all over again.

Good description on the bios timings and settings. Test them out and see what your rig does...

RGone...

Moving to the overclocking section where it belongs.