Not booting, chipset heatsink very hot

Recently I've just added 5 fans to my system, and it worked fine for a few minutes. After a while of using the computer, the mouse suddenly died, and a few seconds later my screen goes blank. I immediately turn off my computer, and turn it back on. After waiting 1 minute for a POST, nothing happens. Everything powers up, fans, harddrives.

I touch the motherboard chipset's heatsink, and it is EXTREMELY hot.. my finger felt burnt as hell, and it's hotter than I've ever felt it before (even hotter than after playing halflife2 for 5 hours straight). I've reset my CMOS, and it's still the same thing. Having the computer on for 5 seconds causes the heatsink to be pretty hot, having it on for 20 seconds burns my fingers when I touch.

Could my chipset be burning up or something? :/

Thanks,

Allan

Hmm, just noticed something.

My computer has been off the last 4 hours (power is connected, red light showing, but comp off), and touching the chipset.. it feels warm... which is odd, since before it was cold if my computer is off.

Most interesting. My chipset is pretty cold, even at full load.. It's under stock cooling right now, and stock voltage, and I can't tell the difference between load and idle, by touch. I've replaced the thermal goop with AS5, though.

bump..

I'm trying to reseat the chipset heatsink.. but I can't find a way to remove the heatsink. I push down on the 2 little spring buttons, but nothing really happens.

Also, is the heatsink supposed to move around if I wiggle it?

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that my mobo is prolly screwed, took it out of my case, unplugged everything but the ATX connector and cpu, and still the same stuff.

Who can I contact for RMA?

DFI (San Jose), Inc.

30991 San Clemente St. Hayward, CA. 94545 USA

TEL: 1-510-274-8000

FAX: 1-510-274-8012

This?