SATA ports, which run off nForce, and which off Marvell PHY?

Thanks! Next time, I'll post a question that hasn't been answered before :P You better get read.. Oh, hell, I'll just do it right now. How do I circumvent the overvolt protection for vdimm on this board? From what I understand, vdimm also goes into one of the Winbond monitoring chips... So, I'd have to cut a leg, and wire something that's at 2.5-3.6V into it instead. The question is, which leg, what chip?

Originally posted by Angry_Games

1/2 will not allow you to detect past 240 (well documented if you use search button)

3/4 will be what you want to plug into past 250

This explains why the Windows CD installer kept crapping out on me while trying to partition and format a new SATA drive.

I had the bus at 240 (and HTT multi at 3x) and it'd detect the drives but couldn't complete the formatting prior to install.

I was able to get it on by lowering the FSB to stock and then it worked fine.

If I'd hooked the drive up to port 3, would I have been able to install it at the 240 speed?

I just got done experimenting and found that I could indeed have done so.

I was tearing what's left of my hair out last night trying to figure out what was wrong.

Maybe DFI ought to start packing the URL to this forum in with the manuals. :)

Originally posted by M4d-K10wN

Definetly! That Marvell chip runs off it's own, high-frequency clock generator; so it's completely unaffected by your FSB adjustments.

Well actually..... It's Ports 1 and 2 that run off the Marvel chip and it's them two ports that .up over 240MHz FSB.