Sign in to follow this  
Guest scratch_merged

[RESOLVED]SATA2 DRIVES NOT SUPPORTED>>Problem 300gb SATA on LP&q

"lgestle", I do not doubt that as I think I have seen one other user that has had the big drive work where it 'might not' work. It might work and it might not work is the reality though.

In the world of recommended uses the 300gig drive is not recommended for the average user who wants it and wants it now and it to work beyond doubt. That is not so with the SATA2 drives and SiL 3114.

Could have been his cable. Doubt though that he changed the cable to get his 200gig SATA1 drive to work. So the cable being bad does not seem likely to me. Glad yours is working, but that certainly is no cause for me to go against the engineering guys in not recommending Sata2 for the NF2 chipset boards of DFI.

RGone...

Didn't mean to cause an argument and I wasn't doubting your engineering department. I wanted to note that it is possible to run this drive on an infinity, which the above statement is not clear.

(Does Not Support SATA2) I'm fully aware that I'm not receiving any of the benefits that SATA2 has to offer, example NCQ. Which the above statement from engineering is correct, as it does not support SATA2 drives.

(Compatible) Although DFI cannot make claims as far as compatibility for every peace of hardware, as it would be next to impossible and a logistical nightmare, I'm simply stating that it's working on my DFI Infinity.

Maybe I had the right combination of hardware, maybe I had a newer revision of this Hard Drive, maybe his drive was defective (I see it every week), and/or maybe there was something stuck to my cracker that fell on the floor that qualified under the 5 second rule that gave me super human abilities. :nod:

All I'm saying is that it's working on mine so "your luck may vary" but it is possible under the right scenario.

Heheheheheheehe:nod:

and/or maybe there was something stuck to my cracker that fell on the floor that qualified under the 5 second rule that gave me super human abilities.

All I'm saying is that it's working on mine so "your luck may vary" but it is possible under the right scenario.

Now for sure > YMMV is quite correct.

RGone...:cool:

so.. new seagate Barracuda 7200.8 SATA NCQ 7200.8 300GB+ 16mb cache harddrive won't work on my LP? =( ?

omg i just ordered the 200gig hard drive and a sempron :( had i known this i wouldve waited until a DFI nf4 board was available im screwed

bwaaaaaaaaaaa :(

cool makes me feel somewhat better :/

if u still got the harddrive try those...

Just spent 2 days fighting a Maxtor SATA with a Asus KV8 board.

Set it as suggested above , ie enable onboard SATA but not Raid.

it won't show in BIOS (unless you press the key for raid setup)

Boot into XP as normal

Go to the Maxtor website & download MaxBlast 3 & burn it to a CD

Boot from Maxblast

Configure drive to have a XP partition

reboot to XP

Install SATA drive (Via Serial ATA Raid driver fro MB CD)

reboot PC

and that should be it

from http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthrea...readid=17341660

aso read this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18228.html