AMD's next step in cpu - must read! (add your own links too!)

Originally posted by beo

I belive 3400+ NC desktop cpu's after week 32 are using SSOI, a few people are talking about it over at xs forum. I have a week 33 3400+ NC and it does 2800mhz with only 1.65V :D

xtremesystems.org

What about 3700+, or mobile/DTR 3700+, then? Are these also available with SSOI?

and to omga14 - the only chips that have SSOI right now are 130nm... I'm not sure what's this 90nm business you're talking about ;)

EDIT: 3700+ 2.88GHz on 1.53vcore! Just think of what I could do with 2.11... Why, that would own all those silly Winchesters :D

Damn, I'm so excited now.. must resist buying a new CPU.. but can't.

.There are NO *confirmed* SSDOI CPU's other than the FX-55 which is 130nm, and im not sure about the 4000+... There have been rumors about others having it, but its been proven pretty false quickly elsewhere..

But, why argue? its even better if they arent running SSDOI right now, cuz the oc's are starting to get pretty good! :D

strained silicon is not SSDOI

it is the first step of strained silicon

SSDOI is AMDS next process which is still in the works it is 90nm and will be the venice core. SOI which is the current process, also incorportaing SS tech

im still more excited of getting a clawhammer than all this 939 fuss

? It only shows the winchesters pwning in voltage use...

The FX-55 is 130nm and runs a much higher Vcore than winchesters, which counts a lot for the voltage increase.

What we need are confirmed SSDOI 90nm (venice) Vs winchester if you want to copmpare voltage consumption. otherwise, that graph has no valid use, for SSDOI.

SSDOI is good but its not as important as the 90nm process, nor is it as important as the low power consumption.

dont go thinking that you MUST MUST MUST MUST have SSDOI or anything else.

very low power + 90nm = what is most important.

of course 'bleeding' is a problem when you start cranking up voltages and Mhz but I don't really think that its going to be a big problem. SSDOI might be better than a normal chip but its not the be-all/end-all.