Sign in to follow this  
bryanberlin

power supply

anyone have a suggestion on a power supply I have an antec sl350 I have 3 case fans video card and cpu fan drawing along with the two p.supply fans any have an idea I'm not going to light the christmas tree or notin lol

Fortron/SPI 530Watt will always get my vote for cost effective use when ordered from NewEgg by uSa user. Can even open the supply and tweak the 3.3V rail for added Vdimm oomph for ~75.00UsD shipped. I now have two of them since buying the second one to power my UT250 and installing it stopped my cold booting problems as well> which was the reason I upgraded a very 'good' spec'ed 460 watter for the 'known' to work Fortron 530.

RGone...

i have a friend looking into powersupplies at the moment. Where is it that he could pick up this one for 65 shipped?

Guest culinist

I also vote for the fortron. On a very respectable(strong rails via a DVM) no name PSU tha came with my Cheiftec case, I was unable to clock my CPU passed 2250Mhz. With the fortron i can hit 2450. The 64's seem to need a higher 12v rail.

The 64's seem to need a higher 12v rail.

A real good one at any rate.

I have a 460 something watt AgPb that has a +12V rating of like 22Amps and the thing must be highly over-rated. Groaned like a biatch when pushed. Cold booted and well you should have the picture.

New 530watt Fortron with 18Amps on the +12V and nary a whimper and gone to clock her.

RGone...

Second that..I started attempts at OC with my old PSU-could not get very far....Got the fortron source and now I am at 2.55-stable..

I got it from axion technologies about a mnth ago for 65 shipped..it was 10$ costlier at egg..