Sign in to follow this  
robo989

v qucik question - low latency or high FSB?

What cooling are you using and what load temps are you hitting. I had to set my vCore high to get stable and needed better cooling to disapate the extra heat.

Also don't be afriad of lowering vChipset and vAGP settings sometimes this can settle the board down.

Hi mate, I got

1x Vantec tornado 92mm blowing air onto the graphics card from outside the case.

1x Vantec tornado 92mm on an SP-97 on the CPU

1x Thermalright NB1 on the northbridge

1x Stock Lanparty heatsink on the southbridge.

2x YS-tech 80mm fans blowing air in from the bottom front of the case (hacked out the case at the bottom and put it on something so air can be drawn in but mainly used to direct the airflow from the tornado on the side of the case)

I've also changed the fans in the psu to use ystech 80mm silent fans (they're not silent and blow quite abit of air out)

No other exhaust fans the system really doesn't need it or benefit at all. there are a few holes in the top of the case to let warm air out i made as well and it seems to work very well.

I can't really comment on the temp of the cpu, my board doesn't report them properly (says its between 4-9c at all times!!)

The case gets to about 33c max BUT its prolly not accurate since the air flow is so strong.

I'm pretty sure heat isn't an issue

I really doubt the boards gonna do much at 1.6v on the mobo and the ram won't do what I want below 3.0v so its gotta stay there really. I've lowered the AGP v to 1.5v (auto) on the cpu side of things hmmm I dunno, the board undervolts like a biatch as it is and i don't want any sudden crazy volt increases

also remember that 1:1 memory/cpu on the NF3, especially when you crank up the Mhz.

some guys think they need to get 300HTT but at a divider and not 1:1 and then wonder why others with higher Mhz but lower HTT are beating them in benchmarks.

board shouldnt undervolt at all, all of the ones we've seen have been very strong. I would still suspect that unbranded 550w psu.

Guest ZigZag

These forums REALLY need to keep guys with 32 bit cpus OUT OF 64 bit threads.

Their remarks will TOTALLY confuse a noob AMD64 owner regarding latency, voltages & timings.

Two different chipsets.

Perhaps O/C'n the AMD64

O/C'n the ATHLON XP subforums?

p4 - ez to oc

xp- about as ez as p4

AMD64- more variables, bit harder to oc initially

Thats very true!

I was referring to my AXP system and have made this clear from the start.

Then all of a sudden everyone's on about A64P4 - I know latency is a non issue on these boards (within reason)