Sign in to follow this  
Shad0w

Help getting Prime Stable

Tiz just me again :P, i got my Athlon XP-m 2600+ now, im currently running it at 10.5 * 240 = 2525 Mhz with 1.75 VCore

It ran Prime for 4 hours before hiting an error :(

Any help with this? (no i havent searched yet, im too lasy atm)

Ermm... More voltage, MOSFET cooling, laxer memory timings... I've had machines that would run prime FFT Torture for several days and just fall over. Usual overclocking theorem applies :)

what timings? what bios settings? what what what? lol

got to be in the giving mood when you come to overclocking section and ask for help like this.

can't show up to garage and tell mechanic 'well gee my Vette can do 160mph but a piston snaps so what is the problem?'

mechanic want to know all the info like 'well what kind of camshaft you got? what kind of headers? what compression? what engine timing? etc'

;)

lol :P

Ram Timings 3-5-5-5-10

(yeah i know it doesnt like CAS 3, but its running fine with it, except for the prime error 4 hours in)

am running the 6/19 Bios (what do ya mean by Bios settings? ya mean i gottsta list all the settings? that could take weeks =/)

More more more - What cooling you running, what PSU what idle temps and load temps? Put it all in your sig.

I notice imediately the Kingmax ram. Not sure if the DFI HOs gonna like that flavour so much.

hmm, added all i can think of to my sig now, anything else?

hopefully you guys can think somethin up, when i change my ram timings, it gets to the windows boot screen, and just sits there forever...

Ok your cooling sounds fine.

PSU is a little weak never heard of them but 400watt for running these power hungry boards is dubious.

My gut instinct here is the RAM ain't sitting well with the DFI board. These boards work best with low latency RAM the higher clocked RAM on looser timings just never seems to cut it.

Whats the SPD table like on those sticks if you could get a CPU-Z spd report that'd help.

Can you get the system working at all at CAS 2.5?

What have you got your memory set to in the BIOS 1:1 auto spd?

Have you locked your AGP clock to 66MHz?

Another wierd thing with these Nforce 2s is they're not keen on endless BIOS fiddling. After a while they just start acting wierd. May be worth doing a CMOS clear and resetting your settings.

When setting the BIOS up do it like this, don't ask why but this works best:

Long clear using the jumper - then load optimised defaults (always always always do this) save settings and reboot - set your voltages then reboot - set your multiplier and BUS speed locking the AGP as you do and reboot - then set the memory timings in the advanced settings and reboot- set anything else you need and reboot.

Let me know how you get on.

My bad Angry, its my fault, im a lazy person, and yeah i know i posted it on the wrong thread, but i was just asking if it qualified =/ never mind, ill leave these forums now, thanks for the help you people have been in getting my computer set up

you dont got to leave...no one said leave or that you werent welcome.

i just pointing out that we have rules about image sizes so one user doesn't post huge image and mess up how the forums look and load for everyone else.

and that you shouldn't be quite so lazy lol.

if you werent welcome I'd be the first to tell you, trust me on that. You just gotta do the rules like everyone else (even me...I follow the rules I set for everyone).