A7n8x & 2500 Barton Unlocking

Also if the prob is put under the socket is there a chance of short.

Nope! i have my temps probe stuck to the bottom of the die directly under the chip, there is a clear area under the CPU surrounded by pins. I stuck my probe using supplied heat proved tape. I think that placing the probe hear will give you the most accurate temps.

As long as the probe is sufficiently insulated (which it should be) there would be no problem. Just be careful when feeding the probe wires out between the pins and the socket when reseating the cpu. good luck

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look it unlocks all the multipliers and gives you fsb adjustment up to 210..or something like that...

this is probably thebest ocing motherboard I have ever had and am very impressed with it if you put your memeory in mem slots 1&3 you will get dual channel mode if yor memory supports it!

Good Luck ;)

Hmm, I even love it myself.

Stable right at 3200+ with no voltage changes.

A little iffy at 2.3, but that is because I am running PC2700.

look it unlocks all the multipliers and gives you fsb adjustment up to 210..or something like that...

this is probably thebest ocing motherboard I have ever had and am very impressed with it if you put your memeory in mem slots 1&3 you will get dual channel mode if yor memory supports it!

Good Luck

it unlockeds it up to 13 ot 12.5 i forget but if u want to go higher you will have to do a hardware mod on the cpu which is very easy. there are many guides out there including a video guide at tomshardware guide... even www.xoxide.com has a simple slip u buy and all u need to do is apply it. but going ubove 13 i feel is unessasary unless u just wanna have fun.. i would rather have a higher FSB then multi.. anyways GL..

Well here's what I've got a Barton 2500+ running at 2200 w/fsb at 175 with no unlocking. But I read in CPU Power Mag that in order to unluck the 2500 you will some automotive defroster tape and unlock L5, I believe. Look for either June or July edition as it give you better details, or go to their website. I don't know but use a search engine to find them. Even with my cpu oc'd at 2200 it's staying cool enough at 43.5C. Not bad for a retail package.

i agree, i'd much rather have a higher fsb than a high multiplier. high multipliers can come in handy though, especially if your processor can handle a higher overclock but you are unable to obtain that higher oc because your fsb is limited by either your chipset, memory, or both.

• 1 month later...

hi, i have the same mobo and cpu, ive seen on ebay someone selling the 2500+ unlocked and he says garrenteed to reach 300-3200 speeds and ive emailed some of his buyers and they all say the chips are great, so maybe we can get ours that high too, but i would presume we would need to unlock ours first?