Sign in to follow this  
purist

Fan Headers

I have 2 4800 RPM delta fans that need a lot of juice. I'm assuming I'll blow any fan header I use on the motherboard if I connect these delta fans into them, but I wanted to make sure. Anyone know about this?

I did search, but only found one relevant post and it didn't tell much.

Thanks guys.

Chris

The ONLY fans I connect to a mobo fan header is a chipset fan.. I dont use any of them now.. Just the thought of fans pulling power from my mobo doesnt sound good..hehe

I always figured its better to have them pull straight from the psu anyway..

So, a little history may be in order. I used to have these 2 fans connected to my silverstone fan speed controller until it blew up last night. That sucked, because all of a sudden my clocked CPU all of a sudden had no air! Emergency Stop! Cut the Power!

Anyway, these 2 fans come with 3 pin connectors. All I have available to me are the 4 pin connectors on the PSU. Are there adapter options available to me? I can't see why not, but maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the tips. No blown headers for me!

Chris

I bought a couple of those 4-pin to 3-pin with extra 3-pin M/B sensor connector. But, I still get no reading using MBM5! Oh well...

Originally posted by HwAoRrDk

I bought a couple of those 4-pin to 3-pin with extra 3-pin M/B sensor connector. But, I still get no reading using MBM5! Oh well...

If your going from 4pin~>3pin I dont think rpms will work.. Cuz 4pin fans dont have rpm wires..

4 ping 5 ping whatever, as long as you have 1 in for juice 1 out for jiuce it will spin, then your dongle yellow wire is the rpm header, with a volt meter you can find whats what the easy way all before you even hook it up