SUCESSFUL pencil vdimm mod on HOFINITY

Black99RT

Very nice enzo, from the looks of it you are probably running around 73-5k ohms. If you ever get a hold of a DMM let us know what it really is. Have you had any sucess with prime blend testing with this vdimm mod? I cannot get 8x260 to pass for more then a 30mins with up to 1.675 vcore in bios (like 1.64-1.65 read form the onboard) Does anyone know where the vcore check point is?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've tried it and it doesn't take much lead to do it. I used a retractable mechanical pencil to do it. I would highly recommend a DMM to check out the resistance. My resistance value was 83k ohms and the bios indicated 3.45v as vdimm( I set it to 3.3). I did not check the voltage at the MB. By the way, before the mod the resistance was 123k ohms.

Tom

could some-one tell me exactly how you measure the resistance with your voltmeter? do you touch red and black to each side of the resistor? I think I understand everything of this mod, I just don't know how to measure the resistance. I'm new to modding but not new to overclocking... would like to get my pc3000 over the 500fsb barrier I'm at now. thanks, 1st post here BTW.

could some-one tell me exactly how you measure the resistance with your voltmeter? do you touch red and black to each side of the resistor? I think I understand everything of this mod, I just don't know how to measure the resistance. I'm new to modding but not new to overclocking... would like to get my pc3000 over the 500fsb barrier I'm at now. thanks, 1st post here BTW.

With the power supply off, touch both DMM leads(set to 200k ohms) on each side of the resistor. Should read close to 125k ohms.

thanks. This might be just what I need to get to up 520-530 fsb. Right now I'm rock stable with this Hyperx3000 at 500mhz , tight timings/cpc on etc. Also, when doing this mod do you find you need to up the 3.3v rail on the power supply?, or is it good by itself?

tdamocles, its obvious that you havent even read the thread, the uinfinity and lpb do use the 5v line for their memory but the memory power regulation on the board will only offer up to 3.3v to the ram. This mod allows you to go past 3.3v.

An analog meter should work fine granted it can read up to about 130,000 or 130k ohms.