Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NFII Ultra Infinity Losing Time / PS2 Mouse Problem / Crap Overclock

Hi-

My Infnity used to overclock my 2500 @ 2400Mhz w/o problem. But, lately, the system clock loses time (last time I looked it was 15 minutes slow, I have to keep fixing it) and it won't overclock worth a crap any more. Also, every other reboot, my PS2 mouse is not detected (I need to restart 2x and then the mouse will work in windows).

I think my board is defective..what do you think? What's the RMA process in the USA? I'm having a hard time finding DFI RMA information except for outside the USA.

Thanks,

Clocker

I should also note, that the system loses time even when it is not shut down (i.e. I leave it ON all the time but it still loses time).

C

Below is my sig...hope it helps with any ideas to resolve the problems with my Infinity.

Overclocking the processor (or lack of) does not appear to change the problem with the system clock or the PS2 issues. Problems persist under Linux as well. I am not FSB overclocking at this time. I was before to 217Mhz (434) but the system just won't do it any more. CPU temps were always under 45C, btw. I also have a 80mm fan blowing on the motherboard with one of those Zalman fan brackets.

Also, if anyone could clue me in on the DFI RMA process in the USA, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Clocker

email me in my sig and I will answer in DFI tech support and route you to RMA. You need invoice and proof of purchase so round that up before you make contact.

Sincerely, RGone...:confused: as usual. 'busted'.

Proof of purchase is going to be tough. I bought this at MicroCenter about 3 months ago and I'm not sure if I have the receipt. Can't DFI just work off the serial number of the board? I'm sure it's less than a year old.

That's what Shuttle, Abit, and Epox will do for their customers.

Does DFI have a page with RMA process info. for the USA? I think this would be good info. for all forum members to be able to see.

Thanks,

Clocker

RGone,

I think I have the same problem.

I noticed recently my overclocking has dropped me down to stock settings. Upon reading this post, I then checked out my system clock and noticed my clock was off by 3 hours (I don't watch the clock when I'm on the computer, lol)

I also have been reporting +12v line problems on a few posts lately. I have Sandra 2005 and my voltages seem good but in the Bios it's showing 11.18v.

I noticed you are directing Clocker to RMA, I might be inline with him.

Proof of purchase shouldn't be a problem, the boards not even 1 month old. The company who I bought the board off of in Canada, is currently revamping their website. So contact with them online as of now is impossible. I had to order it though them, they don't stock the DFI Ultra Infinity. I had to wait a painful 8-12 business days, for them to get it.

I'm not giving up hope yet, I'll be watching my clock for any timing problems.

I'll keep you posted..

I am sorry to inform you this is not Abit, Asus, or Epox. Nothing that I know of is warrantied without proof of purchase and they do not work off serial number. And DFI warranty is to the original purchaser and invoices keep that in line. Contact MicroCenter and get them to look up your invoice if you foolishly threw it away during the warraty period is all I know to tell you.

I have copies of every online buying transaction that I have done over the last 3 years just for such a situation. I keep all invoices because they won't warranty my car or my air conditioner or my vacuum cleaner without the paperwork.

Sincerely, RGone...:confused: as usual. 'busted'.

Sorry RGone, but YOU are wrong. And, if you are supposed to be a representative of DFI, lose your attitude. You don't have a clue about my circumstances but you still call me foolish. It's not a good way to build good will with your customers. I'm only giving you facts.

I'm just telling you what the other manufacturer's do because I have been building computers for years and worked with many them in the past. They are not as inflexible as you make DFI sound. They realize that they can track when motherboards were manufactured based on the serial number and won't require a receipt with purchase date if they can verify that the board was manufactured less that a year ago. They don't make it common practice but they will do it when required. I've done this with other customers of mine who asked me to do some troubleshoot/repair work for them but lost their receipt.

Just a few months ago I did an RMA with Shuttle and all they required was the serial number. Great to work with and very friendly too. That's a lot more than I can say for DFI at this point.

C

Clocker...

There is no link that I know of for DFI RMA as it is not done from a website and I told you what they have told me to tell you about the process as I understand it to be.

I have sped up the process by days by informing the customer to have proof of purchase handy when applying by email for RMA. Am at this very moment dealing with a young woman who needs RMA and is getting her receipt from Tiger Direct in order to have all in hand to proceed with the RMA process.

Perhaps what seems attitude to you is really only a process of getting the right stuff ordered up to speed up what is not the most fun process in the world anyway. And to top that off one in the company of much higher position up the ladder just answered in a post in these forums that the Serial number was not decodeable for date and that is what I was going by in the post above.

I work for a company and do as I am told. I do in fact try to prepare the one approaching RMA with the information to facilitate the process. The wording might have sounded harsh to you but it was actually cutting to the chase.

And yes to my knowledge there have been cases of no invoice to validate the original proof of purchase and I know of a couple of them that have recieved RMA by payment of a no documentation charge. So there are many aspects to the DFI process to the extent that I have been made to understand that do not resemble other companies. But like I said this is DFI and not another company. I do all that I can to cut the red-tape to a minimum for the prospective RMA participant when I deal with them at tech support and that literally is the best thing I can do for them is to prepare them adequetely as I did with the young lady getting her paperwork from Tiger Direct.

So attitude? Maybe. Or just a difference between what you may have experienced otherwise. I do not know. You email me like I advised you to do so and I will put you in contact with the RMA department and the first thing she will ask to be faxed or emailed to her is proof of purchase. How it is handled after that will be totally up to them as I do not do RMA's and was only trying to give you a quicker boost up the ladder by referring you and your email stating the problem to the folks that do the RMA's and with the required stuff ready to present and get you on the road. But oh well. Such is life I suppose in many cases.

Email me and I will still try to forward you in the correct direction.

Sincerely, RGone...:confused: as usual.