Sign in to follow this  
Sonic 1

AMD 64 3000... or ....AMD 64 3000 MOBILE?

Originally posted by dillingerdan

SOI? Bugger. How do you tell that RGone? My mobile is now here. :D week 29. stepping AMA3400BEX5AR CAACC 0429TPDW. Do I have SOI?

Judging by your stepping you have a 3400DTR which are desktop replacement cpu. Really the only difference between a DTR and Mobile is the operating voltage of the two, DTR=1.5v, Mobile=1.4v. Also not all DTR's are CG cores whereas the Mobiles prolly are.

Here's my Mobile 3400, notice the cpu string.

3400Mobile.JPG

Well I know mine is CG cos of the AR. Your right it is a DTR mobile chip rather than lower voltage true Mobile but hopefully it will still clock nice and high like yours. It'll be up and running by the end of tonight ready for overclocking just gotta back up my current system then see how she clocks. :D But do they all have SOI? The only difference between this and the 1 sold on exclaibur and newegg is the BEX5AR is BIX5AR which just means 1.4v. I was just wondering as SOI should help overclocking surely?

Originally posted by dillingerdan

I was just wondering as SOI should help overclocking surely?

Well if I understand it correctly..

I think some of the newer a64's are coming with strained silicon.. I dont know exactly how to explain what it is .. but its the type of silicon that the cpu's are made out of and normally this is found on the fx5355 line of cpu's.. But it is believed that some of the other models are coming with this also and clocking like crazy..

See in RacerX's pic where is says "version 2.6" .. I believe that is a indication of the strained silicon ..

Im not sure if this is a proven thing or if its just because people are assuming that is what they are made of because they clock so well and resemble the FX line in overclocking somewhat..

edit..

And dam you guys with these 3400's..lol ;) I was just a little early on getting my cpu and the 3400's werent out yet...

Hmmm.. looks like I might have to sell this one..hehe

Both my cpu's 3400DTR and Mobile 3400 both are 2.6 rev so both supposively have the new strained silicon. The mobile is a 0437 compared to the DTR 0438. The mobile is stable at 2.7 and DTR at 2.6.

Both have really bad memory controllers, neither will allow me to run over 290htt stable no matter what multi I run. Go figure.:(

Originally posted by RacerX

Both have really bad memory controllers, neither will allow me to run over 290htt stable no matter what multi I run. Go figure.:(

lol.. You consider 290 bad... ?.. :shake:

Originally posted by THunDA

lol.. You consider 290 bad... ?.. :shake:

Coming from few 3200+ NC's and 1 3200DTR that both ran over 300htt easily I guess I became spoiled with some rather good memory controllers.

And yes with my components in my sig anything below 300htt I consider a let down.:eek: