Hello all

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let DFI know that i am one happy camper. Im running at 3.5ghz no problems now. Computer is a rock solid fortress. Im sure board is quite capable of further tweaking for more speed, but if im happy why f. with it:nod:

I let it run 24/7 now on http://www1.distributed.net/projects.php which you guys know as prime 95. Completly differant programs, but exact same idea. Mass computers working together to churn out data for differant causes. My cause is to make the compter environment more of a secure place for all. I crunch over 6,000,000. keys a second on this computer.

My sound card is giving me 100% functionality, which for me is a first with any sound blaster card. It has a IE1394 port add on slot, that my computer see's just fine, and works well with my Handycam, and side drive as well. Side drive when plugged into any port, usb or IE1394 loads up twice as fast as it ever did with my old intel mobo.

My lanparty has shown me the tru meaning of stable in all the programs that used to give me fits. Jasc Paintshop pro8, Jasc Photo album, and Jasc animation shop all work without any hangups, no matter how much generating i throw at it. Photo album used to lock if i tried to import to many images at once. No more of that crap.

Gaming is top notch stuff, and will only get better with a later model vid card. The older games i used to struggle to run are now maxed out, and the newer games say "get that new card Wet"

Forgive me if i dont want any parts of any future bios updates, because as far as i am conerned, this computer is not gonna change any for next year or so for anything. It just works to damn good!

Thankyou Angry for your patients with my anger when things got rough for me. I live, and ive learned. Now im partying the Lanparty way!!:)

haha good deal my friend. I am happy that you are satisfied. It sometimes is very rough going as these DFI boards have a personality unlike any other machine you will ever own ;)

but, like any good mule, clockin it across the skull with an ax handle once in a while makes it work that much better lol.

As always, let me know if you got any problems or just want to ask something ;)

PS: go get that D-Link DI-604 router...trust me...

Well it's tax time, er tax return time to be more specific, so decided to grab the last item my rig needed for max fps. After careful deliberation, i have decided to stay in the ATI camp. Nvidia no doubt renders Doom 3 faster, but once youve finished the game, the idea of going back in to get scared again just isnt appealing to me. So i pray the game devs adopt the halflife2 engine as the next big source code for the next batch of games, as that seems to be were ATI is king of the hill.

:: drools on front step waiting for "Ups guy" ::

ATI RADEON X850 XT PE Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/VIVO/HDTV, AGP 8X, Model "100-435601" -Retail

Model# 100-435601 Item # N82E16814102502

Specifications:

Chipset/Core Speed: ATI Radeon X850 XT PE/540MHz

Pixel Pipeline: 16

Memory/Effective Speed: 256MB GDDR3/1180MHz

BUS: AGP 8X

Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub) + VIVO + DVI

Support 3D API: DirectX 9, OpenGL 2.0

Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz

Its a shame my monitor only supports 1920x1440@70Hz, but ill survive i rek'en

• 1 month later...

Wow, my thread was 5 pages into history already. You mean im not the only on who posts here? I dont feel special anymore:nod:

Man this ati X850xt is an awsome card, and really runs the games nicely........when my computer doesnt go to the bsod. Its no real big deal when it does do it, as it restarts itself quite nicely. But im quite sure the prefered method is to find the problem, and adjust. So here is the captains log:

1: using the driver removal faq and the DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition frpm Driver Haven, i did a clean install of the card using latest offical catalyst drivers. Card was sweet.

2. I immieditly used there overdrive3 software to let it pick it best clock and memory rates. I think it does this thru a series of tests that measures the cooling capacity of the card in your case against load. It picked a level about 40 mhz higher for clock, and around the same for memory. Card worked wonderfully, and then after about a week i started getting bsod. So i went in to settings, restored defaults. Didnt really help, bsod actually started to get more frequent.

3.An updated version of the drivers i was using was released so installed them, and man was that a mistake. BSOD at least once every session.

Rolled back the drivers.

4. This past Friday i installed the latest omega drivers, and the card is working 100% perfect in game. Frames and visuals are very sweet. So glad that guy got his attitude, and web site probs fixed. The community would have felt him leaving the scene greatly.

5. I played Americas Army into the wee hours of Saturday morning with no problems. Yup, Omega fixed this mess.

6. Saturday afternoon bsod about an hour into the session. I have not changed any setting on card except for lowering res. to 1024x768, and upping refresh rate to 85mhz. Those are my prefered setting at install of any driver. Played alot today, no problems, but figured id post this in hopes of some one having a clue.

I really need to fix this or im gonna have to change my signature....oh the humanity of it all.

P.S. I used the catalyst drivers with the thought that i could find a solid variable for overclocking before i went with the omegas.

• 6 months later...

Thank you admins for not deleating these posts. My 5yr old did somthing to my pc while i was at work, and i could post fine, but windows could not find c: any longer. Tried every fix i could think off, and finally decided to reformatt, as nothing i had on my pc was unreplaceable. Being the typical dumbass that i am, i reached for the ICH5R raid driver disk, instead of the highpoint372N. After i pulled my hair out for awile, i walked away, and stayed away till i could think of what what was happening. Answer came to me at work, when i rembered going thru this the first time with Angry, and i told him there was only one selection of raid drivers, and he was telling me there should be 3 after disc was installed at promt. Came home tonight, trashed my file cabinets and found right disc.

I am typing this on my sons x-mas present as my computer is formatting the partitions. Not a bad deal, thats why i got it last night, lol. E-machine with ati mobo, amd 64 3500, 200 gig hard drive, gig of ram, dual layer burner, all for $600 after $50 rebate. Best buy.

Now im off to look for that pesky install list, so i get my 875 right the first time.

The second time you go to www.windowsupdate.com, you will now find 32 critical updates waiting for you.

The first time you go, its around 5 i think, then you have to restart and go back.

I fuzzed the install routine for sure this time. Got chipset drivers in after sp2 and criticals. :( Think i got rest right. Im feeling pretty dang confident with my ability to do this stuff now. My mobo is awsome. All my bios settings being saved was a real time saver to this whole ordeal.

Ace if im bugging you by rewaking this thread from the dead occasionally, please feel free to stomp on my toes about it.

I really like being able to go back, and find info i may have forgotten, like the name of raid drivers:)