Sign in to follow this  
Disaffect

Found the pencil VDIMM mod LP ultra B!!!

don't seem like a sig is tooo much to ask if you really need an answer.I love reading proper sigs as being anoob it really helps me figure out if its relevant for me.Oh well I guess there are other forums to surf,but being a DFI fanboy this one is where I go 1st.

Apology accepted, I was in a kinda bad mood too. No reason why I can't put my sig, but yeah there it is. Now gogo if somebody has done the trick and hasn't got his board toasted like the first guy did :).

The Vdimm have to be set to 3.2v, save and shut down b4 proceeding with the pencil mod. Otherwise might have problem booting. After modding can only select 3.2v and 3.3v in bios.

awesome tic-tac, are this board and the infinity's located in same spot? I would like to be a infinity frier if you could show me which one to pencil in, and btw is it that 3 passer would make a thicker layer therefor lowering the volts compared to one pass where it would be higher? If this is the case im confused.

Either way i need to know what to mod on the infinity.

Thnx in advance for what ever answer you provide.

Alienwhere, check out these 2 pics of the Infinity and LanParty B, now flick between them... Notice something? :)

LanParty B

Infinity

That board in the pic on TicTacs site actually looks like an Infinity, even though it says LanParty B Pencil Mod. Its definitely not a LanParty B. No Red LanParty B's...

awesome tic-tac, are this board and the infinity's located in same spot? I would like to be a infinity frier if you could show me which one to pencil in, and btw is it that 3 passer would make a thicker layer therefor lowering the volts compared to one pass where it would be higher? If this is the case im confused.

Either way i need to know what to mod on the infinity.

Thnx in advance for what ever answer you provide.

Forget about 1 or 2 or however many passes you "think" might work,unless you don't care about ruined components and then you can really say your an "infinity frier".

This is apretty simple mod to do if you do your research and you follow some sound protocol. Do not try without DMM!!! I've done this twice now and I've even taken Uwackme's advice and got a p.o.s. ram for testing (If I do a vcor mod I'll get an old Duron for testing)

Even w/DMM it takes some trial and error to get just the right amount of graphite to achieve whatever ohm value your shooting for,sometimes 2 or 3 passes won't hardly even lower the ohms,then 1 pass will drop it too much

My 1st effort shot for 90 ohms,settled for 82,I got 3.27 at 3.2 and 3.37 at 3.3,then after about 3 wks they started to drop and I remeasured ,it had changed to 100 ohms and the volt drop showed accordingly

2nd effort went for 70 ohms,settled for 65,it gave 3.35 at 3.2 and 3.45 at 3.3 (this is using HWD to measure vdimm,so I suspect its actually higher,probably 3.4 and 3.5v)

I also have 2 80mm fans over ram slots and monitor temps when using the higher volts

Make sure you got a good psu,mines been adjusted to give 5.3v to the 5v rail and it doesn't move from idle to load

I'd give you my links but I'm on a different computer,do your homework,GL