Sign in to follow this  
Disaffect

Found the pencil VDIMM mod LP ultra B!!!

No load at all with no rams installed, I dont think I'd count on the measurement. Any cheapo PoS ddr would be find in one slot just to have a load on the regulator.

For those who have done this mod, what is your total measured resistance before and after the mod? Also, is the gain static ie: at 2.6v in bios, what is the gain, and is it the same gain as at 3.3 in bios?

if it is you can check your gain at 2.6 and set it what you want on top of your 3.3 setting. This would avoid the need for POS ram for testing. (because I dont have ne)

Disaffect said that he got 3.4v at 3.2 and 3.5v at 3.3, that is a static gain of .2, however he only tested two settings, if somebody could test at 2.6 and 3.3 that would be great.

LOL he wasnt too methodical about it, or at least thats what i gathered from the ingrish. However it does make sense because the standard vdimm mod just grounds some of the voltage through this resistor, either way the other side sees less voltage and gives more vdimm. Im sure it could be done effectively in a controlled situation with a lil more caution, oh and a DMM LOL!

@disaffect sorry you fried your ram. But you were the first, and you will get the credit, even though it is just a different way to do the conventional mod.

UPDATE: I just checked my stock board and the resistance is 125k ohms. Can anyone verify this? ( i had the DMM on 200k mode and it read 124.5)

It's bizzard, i have test all my hardware in my computer but it seem OK. My ram work on the board of my friend...

i dont know why, none of my 3 board want to boot, even with other cpu or ram... its strange.

finally, i have sell my bh-6 for 300$ and my old PS for 50$. Im now waiting for my new Abit AV8, Athlon FX-55 and my 2x (2x512mb of OCZ PC4200EL 533mhz 2.5-3-3-7) :rolleyes:

Hi there. Anyone done this succesfully? And could give some info on how much the vdimm rises as the resistance goes down. My UTT:s are doing 246 2-2-2-8 1T @ 3.3v and would like to get some more, perhaps :) .

that is just great. It would be greater if you put your complete systemspecs in your sig so we all can marvel at your system :nod:

At what multi do you use 246 at 1t and what volts....to be short...put specs in sig...

The volts are there. I just asked a question and you don't need . from me to answer that. I surf on multiple boards and i don't have the energy to put my oh so fancy specs in my oh so very nice sig! In my opinion those sigs just makes reading harder, especially if they are so long. Indeed if somebody needs help and doesn't put his specs that irritates, but that isn't the case now...Now I just desire some answers if anybody has done this pencilmod succesfully and how the resistance corresponds to the voltage.

hehe well with that attitude of yours you won't get far on these forums, i can tell you that. We are used to react in a friendly way to eachother. Don't start with something like 'i desire this and that', you can forget any help imho :cool:

Look you should see yourself in the mirror about that attitude. That first post of yourse was all about being a smartass. And whats that "Don't start with something I Desire this and that" all about? Do you know english? It means asking, needing. I bet 80% on these forums ask something. Well lets leave this at what it is, lets stay to the topic.