Sign in to follow this  
Disaffect

Found the pencil VDIMM mod LP ultra B!!!

Well most other pencil tricks envolve using a 2B pencil to draw graphite along the edge of the resistor then checking the output voltage then adding more till the desired vDimm is reached. Once you have the desired voltage you either put some tape over the penciled resistor or a little clear nail varnish etc.

I should probabally add it is vital you know what you are doing and have a multimeter to do this kind of mod. Don't want you all frying your lovely DFIs!

they have take 3.75-3.8v the first time.

after i was doing 3.4v for the 3.2v line in the bios, and 3.5v for the 3.3v line, but after few tests my computer dont boot...

its look like its my memory, because i have 2 motherboard and the other doesnt boot too

I'll try a big clear cmos...

for the information, for me, it add .05v for all little line i drawing. Be careful to dont up the voltage to much!

Originally posted by Disaffect

they have take 3.75-3.8v the first time.

after i was doing 3.4v for the 3.2v line in the bios, and 3.5v for the 3.3v line, but after few tests my computer dont boot...

its look like its my memory, because i have 2 motherboard and the other doesnt boot too

Are you checking with a multimeter without the ram and other components attached first ?

Like Katch said that is a VERY IMPORTANT step in doing a vmod.. especially when doing a pencil mod..

If your not using one then your looking for trouble.. :nod:

will the vdimm check point be accurate if u turn on with no ram after a pencil mod? I am very interested because I am not good enough to solder the proper mod. I may just ask my electrician to do it the right way.