Sign in to follow this  
bryanberlin

Darnnnnnnnnn CO stepping

Well my cpu arrived today 3400 clawhammer 1mb L2 cache retail with fan and heat sink paid $225 for it but it has CO stepping should I return it and buy a DTR ? Is there a big difference?:drool: :sad:

Originally posted by bryanberlin

Well my cpu arrived today 3400 clawhammer 1mb L2 cache retail with fan and heat sink paid $225 for it but it has CO stepping should I return it and buy a DTR ? Is there a big difference?:drool: :sad:

The 3400 DTR's come in both C0 and CG flavors with C0's being much more common.

Newegg's 3400 DTR's are C0's according the the AMD part number the Egg has listed

but some buyers have said they recieved CG's.

The bottom line is 3400 CG Clawhammers are hard to find at the moment.

Originally posted by ViperJohn

The 3400 DTR's come in both C0 and CG flavors with C0's being much more common.

Newegg's 3400 DTR's are C0's according the the AMD part number the Egg has listed

but some buyers have said they recieved CG's.

The bottom line is 3400 CG Clawhammers are hard to find at the moment.

Actually Newegg list the wrong stepping on their 3400DTR. I have one myself which I received a few weeks ago. I know of atleast 4 others that have received CG cores when ordering the 3400DTR from Newegg.

I wouldn't be surprised to find all DTR's CG cores.

Bryan don't worry about it being a CO core there's no reason for you to have to run 2t anyways on your DFI and since your a noobie to OCing this will be perfect for ya. I have money that says it will do 2.5 with a good aircooler.

BTW, whats the week code?

Bryan don't worry about it being a CO core there's no reason for you to have to run 2t anyways on your DFI and since your a noobie to OCing this will be perfect for ya.

i agree unless you are going to want to do some hardcore overclocking...but even then you really want to stick to 1T anyway (2T allows for higher clocks but can take a stiff bandwidth penalty).

but looks like you only have a single 512MB DIMM so you shouldnt run into any problems.

Shouldnt is the key word hehe

Guest Zeus

Get yourself one of the latest 3400+ NewCastle's, most do 2,7GHz+ stock cooling easy.

Mine does 2.85GHz watercooled 1.7V

Originally posted by RacerX

Actually Newegg list the wrong stepping on their 3400DTR. I have one myself which I received a few weeks ago. I know of atleast 4 others that have received CG cores when ordering the 3400DTR from Newegg.

I wouldn't be surprised to find all DTR's CG cores.

Bryan don't worry about it being a CO core there's no reason for you to have to run 2t anyways on your DFI and since your a noobie to OCing this will be perfect for ya. I have money that says it will do 2.5 with a good aircooler.

BTW, whats the week code?

Actually NewEgg list the correct core revision if the one you happen to get is a C0 lol.

I know people that have been shipped both Rev C0 and Rev CG 3400 DTR CPU's

from the Egg in the same order. It just depends on when the tray of cores was packed

that you core is picked from. C0's are phasing out so it is only a matter of time before all

Rev C0 stock is exhausted.