Sign in to follow this  
Katch

Neo Backplate installation???

Hi Guys,

Can someone just help clarify the installation of the Thermalright Neo Backplate.

Like the little plastic washer clips that clip around the standoffs do they sit above the plastic sheet or bellow. They're not meant to go on the CPU side of the board right?

I've checked thermalrights website guide but the pics are very small and low res and there is no text to explain anything.

Tnx

Go up to the big black header for DFI-STREET and under MODS is a nice little article by Alexia about instaling with the backplate, got pic's and all. Not sure if that is what you're looking for but hope it helps.

Has anyone had the neo backplate posts expand so that they won't fit through the motherboard holes as the hole are so small? I was trying to switch from my Asus A7N8X which I used before my Lanparty and I had used the neo backplate on my Asus just to try it out. When I came to switch over to my Lanparty the posts wouldn't go through the motherboard holes. Has this happened to anyone else?

RedDwarf

you either aren't using the correct standoffs that come with the neo backplate (as they are the same on 8 of 8 Thermalright sinks + neo backplates I am using)

or

your holes have something in them?

or

your holes weren't properly finished at the factory (we will replace the board for you)

or

hrmmm...thats all the or's i have lol.

check the holes on the board around the socket.

also triple-check to make sure you are using the right standoffs in the neo-backplate.

Originally posted by Angry_Games

you either aren't using the correct standoffs that come with the neo backplate (as they are the same on 8 of 8 Thermalright sinks + neo backplates I am using)

or

your holes have something in them?

The holes on my motherboard? I don't think so.

or

your holes weren't properly finished at the factory (we will replace the board for you)

or

hrmmm...thats all the or's i have lol.

check the holes on the board around the socket.

also triple-check to make sure you are using the right standoffs in the neo-backplate.

I was sent a replacement backplate from Thermalright, actually a replacement for the X plate that I had because the threads stripped in them. I got sent a replacement X plate and a neo backplate in two seperate deliveries. I used the posts that came with the neo backplate on my Asus originally and transfered it to my new DFI lanparty. The holes on the Lanparty seem very small, much smaller than the ones on my Asus A7N8X. I had a fifth post that went through the hole okay so the posts must of spread out but the size of the hole on the board just made it very difficult to get the posts through. There are traces right next to the holes so I would think that the holes are right, just very smal by design. I will order a new neo backplate as a replacement but it just seems that the holes are extremely small.

RedDwarf