Sign in to follow this  
pjr710

how to get a stick w/ a nail in a bottle...?

Was there possibly a pre-drilled hole in the dowel that was stuck in the bottle? If so the nail could be guided into it and forced to make a tight fit with i little twisted and turning etc.

EDIT: Can ya take a picture of the actual bottle that he has shown you. After i make a similar one i will send it to ya. I am like a pit bull. Once i set my teeth into something...... LOL

Guest nytmare

hmm ..... i want to say that the bottle was made around the stick and screw .... but that sounds pretty elaborate eh?

Originally posted by Budster

Was there possibly a pre-drilled hole in the dowel that was stuck in the bottle? If so the nail could be guided into it and forced to make a tight fit with i little twisted and turning etc.

EDIT: Can ya take a picture of the actual bottle that he has shown you. After i make a similar one i will send it to ya. I am like a pit bull. Once i set my teeth into something...... LOL

I think that to.

Originally posted by soundx98

I'm thinking either the bottom of the bottle was removed or you need more Vcore. :)

from Budster Was there possibly a pre-drilled hole in the dowel that was stuck in the bottle? If so the nail could be guided into it and forced to make a tight fit with i little twisted and turning etc.

I belive that both of the above are possible. Do you know the name of the person that did it last year? Might try and track him / her down and see if you can get any clues from them,

:nod: :eek2:

Good luck and if you find out give us some hints to help:nod: :shake: :angel:

He said it's a friggin screw NOT a nail.

Prolly a rubber hose and NOT a wooden stick next post :)

He said it's a friggin screw NOT a nail.

Prolly a rubber hose and NOT a wooden stick next post :)

Yeah i missed that part somehow i was reading the original thread. An actual picture of the bottle would be helpful and easier to replicate. That way we can see the taper of the screw and size etc. If there is not much of a taper a predrilled hole would do it. Then just get it started and turn it in a bit at a time.

You could use a hard chunk of salt in the bottle to turn the head of the screw with by tilting it on the edge and wiggling the stick. After screw was in to desired depth, flush with water till salt chunk washes away.

I do not think the bottle could be formed around the stick with the screw as it would leave charred marks etc on the wood. Even if the wood was frozen it would probably shatter or burst into flame.

Molten glass is heated to between 2300 and 2800° F. It cools down to about 2100° f during forming then cooled down rapidly to about 900° when run across cooling plates.

Molten glass is heated to between 2300 and 2800° F. It cools down to about 2100° f during forming then cooled down rapidly to about 900° when run across cooling plates.

Dang, I thought I had a lot of useless sheet in my haid.

Nicely done Budster.

Has anyone run this by slavik? Positive he has an opinion of some kind. :)

Has anyone run this by slavik? Positive he has an opinion of some kind. :)

Odds are he's been making them all night and is sticking "ginuwine slavik brand products" stickers on them at this very moment. :D

Guest nytmare

what if

(1) you pre-drill the hole in the stick

(2) fill the bottle with water

(3) drop the screw into the water

(4) insert the stick with the pre-drilled hole

------the pre-drilled hole is bigger than it needs to be, so big in fact that little pressure is needed to push the screw into the stick, no screwing needed

(5) guide the whole of the stick towards the screw

(6) once the screw is somewhat into the hole, knock or press the head of the screw against the side of the bottel to fix the screw in place

(7) drain the water

Is this possible?

Originally posted by nytmare

what if

(1) you pre-drill the hole in the stick

(2) fill the bottle with water

(3) drop the screw into the water

(4) insert the stick with the pre-drilled hole

------the pre-drilled hole is bigger than it needs to be, so big in fact that little pressure is needed to push the screw into the stick, no screwing needed

(5) guide the whole of the stick towards the screw

(6) once the screw is somewhat into the hole, knock or press the head of the screw against the side of the bottel to fix the screw in place

(7) drain the water

Is this possible?

Yes. It makes sense. If you drill the hole the right size and then thoroughly soak the stick in water the hole will get bigger. Slide the screw it while it is bigger and then drain the water and let it dry. It's like this.

Good thinking nytmare.