Sign in to follow this  
pjr710

how to get a stick w/ a nail in a bottle...?

hey guys .. my chemistry teacher today showed us a glass bottle .. w/ a stick in it .. but on one end of teh stick there is a nail.. and that end is in the bottle

i have no idea how he did it .. and it stumped our whole class.. do any of u guys no how to do this?

i made a diagram on paint .. but i have no site to host it on .. but anyway that just stumped me

maybe he released NO2 into the class and you guys all had a mass hallucination?

(I would assume that as a teacher, he would show you how it was done...)

;)

haha no .. he wont .. b/c he sort of told us if we figured it out hed give us extra credit .. but even last year .. the grade above me .. said that somone did it .. but the teacher still didnt tell the class how it was done ..

Note: its a screw not a nail

Originally posted by pjr710

hey guys .. my chemistry teacher today showed us a glass bottle .. w/ a stick in it .. but on one end of teh stick there is a nail.. and that end is in the bottle

i have no idea how he did it .. and it stumped our whole class.. do any of u guys no how to do this?

i made a diagram on paint .. but i have no site to host it on .. but anyway that just stumped me

Upload here:

http://www.experimentalinsanity.com/upload/upload.php

I'm thinking either the bottom of the bottle was removed or you need more Vcore. :)