Verifiying DMI POOL

Hey Guys, Well its been a long weekend fighting with this Verifying DMI pool message, I had installed Norton System Works 2005 and all was well I did the Live updates and on Friday it had an auto update so I let it do its thing and when finished it asked me to restart and that when all the problems started, somehow it had changes my boot priority and I could not get into windows and boot screen was stuck on (Verifying DMI pool Data) I tried everything and then I updated the bios to 9-14 from the DFI site and installed the latest chipset drivers exept for the IDE drivers. Took me a few times and finally got into windows, Just did some tweaks this morning and I am running @ 250x10 seems to be stable I will stop there and see how she feels for the next few days. Havent really done any XP tweaks I was wondering what the recomended tweaks are for Win XP. Just wanted to let you guys know about Norton System works. I did alot of reading on others having the same issues with DMI pool with Norton. Anyways Happy Holidays!!!!!

Take Care, Tracy