Sign in to follow this  
pjr710

[RESOLVED] NO CLUE; WORKING NOW>> disk boot failure

hey guys .. a couple times .. i would try and boot my computere .. and it would say disk boot failure .. so i would insert the xp cd that i have .. and it would go to this blue screeen and do something , then i would quit the program .. and restart and the computer would work fine ..

this time .. the ocmputer doesnt boot .. it just says disc boot failure .. and when i get to that blue screen the only option that works for me is the quit option .. the other ones dont work .. so right now i have no idea what to do

do something? what exactly did you do? you could try checking the cables to your hdd sometimes if they are not quite in it can cause probs, short of tat it looks like a hdd is either faulty or corrupted, if you can get into windows eventually go into command prompt and do fixmbr to rebuild the boot record failing that check that the system is set to boot from cd and do a repair when prompted. if it still wont boot try a diff cd drive cause it also sounds lunched or a diff xp cd

erm one final thing make sure there isnt a floppy in the drive causes the same error

your right in your current situation you cant unless you can your system to boot from cd into the repair console, check all your cables and if you have spares change them but you must enable boot from cd in the bios, also check that the bios is set to boot correctly dont see how but it might have gone to boot from floppy in which case it would show an error on boot

:confused: just moving to boot from floppy would not cause it to error if there were not any floppy in the floppy drive. Now if there was a non-bootable floppy in the drive it would stop at the floppy drive and say it had error and could not boot but if a bootable floppy was in the drive and it read that floppy it would boot to whatever application was on the floppy? Or have I missed something?

Sincerely, RGone...:confused: as usual.

there is no floppy .. just the system cd, i made sure all the cables were connected .. i never put in a floppy for this problem .. i just used the system cd

i have no clue what to do right now

two places in the bios to turn the floppy off if you dont have one installed.

if you have these turned off...invalid boot disk can be that the OS has been corrupted (usually you get a msg like 'NTLDR missing' etc).

also please check out the thread I made about 200FSB cpu's on NF2 boards.

and also check out that there's a BIOS specifically addressing this issue at the dfi site.

Originally posted by RGone

:confused: just moving to boot from floppy would not cause it to error if there were not any floppy in the floppy drive. Now if there was a non-bootable floppy in the drive it would stop at the floppy drive and say it had error and could not boot but if a bootable floppy was in the drive and it read that floppy it would boot to whatever application was on the floppy? Or have I missed something?

lol yeah your right of course i forgot to add if you have a non boot floppy in the drive was meant to be a continuation of my previous post

...LBA Is a drive mode of the PATA drives as seen in the drives menu in Standard CMOS Features...

well guys .. just llike to let u know .. just booted up the computer .. and it works .. i have no idea why .. i didnt change a thing .. it just worked this time .. i dunno y .. i wish i did