Thanksgiving messages. Gobble, gobble, gobble.........

Oldfaht

Spending the Holiday with family/friends. First, off to the wife's mom's for turkey dinner around noon. Then off to my mom's for prime rib later in the afternoon. I read somewhere that on the average americans eat 14 lbs of food on thanksgiving- and I'm not sure if that's the family, or just me! I aim to do my best to eat my 14 lbs tomorrow!

Forget the belt! I intend to wear sweatpants tomorrow- and carry a healthy supply of antacid.

Happy Thanksgiving All !!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone is able to spend some needed time with peopl who deserve it the most. My family doesn't watch football, but we usually get a good game going ourselves. and when the weather is bad, we dust off the old Nintendo and get a blast from the past championship of TecmoBowl going. ha ha. Kinda neat stuff, because it was easy enough that even Mom and Granny get in on the action and do better than you would expect.

Anyhow. I'm thankful for a lot of cool stuff.... family, friends, health, prosperity, and that I didn't kill my CPU the other night when I was performing my first IHS removal. It was really scary, because I pulled a fumble-fingers maneuver and in the process snapped a corner off the razor blade.:eek: But all is well. And for that I am thankful.:)

by the time i finish with tonight ill turn into a turkey

that turducken is huge, how the heck do you fit all those animals in one 19lb bird?!

haha once again happy thanksgiving... ON THE DAY!

i should talk pilgrim style

hymn they are all deboned. I watched them make one on the history channel last night.

Happy thinksgiving to everyone but Happy Games. (lol I kid I kid)

Can't wait for lunch, although I wish it was deepfried today

OK

First meal down, two to go.

Just got back from a buddies house. His wife is a nurse and has to work so we held festivities very early with a breakfast flair.

My baby Sister will be here soon with another meal. She makes my Mom's killer cornbread dressing just like when I was a kid. My chicken and sausage gumbo is just starting to boil so the "tasting" can begin.

Later this evening my neighbors have invited me over. Never had Thanksgiving with Yankees cooking so it should be interesting.

Let the conspicuous consumption begin. lol

Guest thespin

As we acknowledge God's Abundant Blessings: life, family, friends, Reconciliation through the Holy Sacrifice of His Only Begotten Beloved Son and the Promise of Everlasting Life with Him, let us show our gratitude by making a renewed effort to share these Blessings with the needy around us ...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I understand how important it is for the US and Canada (earlier), we have something similar over here at December 24th with a big dinner and family gathering to celebrate.

What I don't understand is "gobble, gobble, gobble..." :confused: Sounds like one of Spiderman's enemies :P

As we acknowledge God's Abundant Blessings: life, family, friends, Reconciliation through the Holy Sacrifice of His Only Begotten Beloved Son and the Promise of Everlasting Life with Him, let us show our gratitude by making a renewed effort to share these Blessings with the needy around us ...

Mr. Spinner - you said it all. And well said, too. Nothing left but to agree.