DFI LP biggest issue.......................

there is no support for mobile/DTR cpu. If you are having issues with this board using a mobile/DTR cpu then you need to change to a desktop processor.

anyone with a desktop processor that is having a problem while overclocked...you need to remember that we'll try to help you but overclocking is not supported at all.

if you are having a problem booting @ default speed, with a desktop cpu, then you should post here with your issues so we can get an idea of if there is a problem or not.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Angry_Games

there is no support for mobile/DTR cpu. If you are having issues with this board using a mobile/DTR cpu then you need to change to a desktop processor.

anyone with a desktop processor that is having a problem while overclocked...you need to remember that we'll try to help you but overclocking is not supported at all.

if you are having a problem booting @ default speed, with a desktop cpu, then you should post here with your issues so we can get an idea of if there is a problem or not.

Very sorry to say but why on earth would someone choose this DFI over let's say an MSI if he don't plan to overclock the crap out of it???

I thought these DFI boards were THE boards to have for overclocking and now as soon as someone runs into a problem with OC there's no support whatsoever?

Will my next board be a DFI?

I seriously doubt it, heck for my NF7S i could download more new bios's than i could flash in a year, DFI never made one official for this board other than the stock bios.

Pardon me but that's just lame.

If you have a reputation for making some damn good overclockers board you should have some suiting support, right?

Maybe i should just try to count to 10.....

Originally posted by Zeus

Very sorry to say but why on earth would someone choose this DFI over let's say an MSI if he don't plan to overclock the crap out of it???

I thought these DFI boards were THE boards to have for overclocking and now as soon as someone runs into a problem with OC there's no support whatsoever?

Will my next board be a DFI?

I seriously doubt it, heck for my NF7S i could download more new bios's than i could flash in a year, DFI never made one official for this board other than the stock bios.

Pardon me but that's just lame.

If you have a reputation for making some damn good overclockers board you should have some suiting support, right?

Maybe i should just try to count to 10.....

Thats putting it nicely. I was tempted to respond but isn't worth it. I can only say how can DFI claim to be "The King of OCing motherboards" but don't support OCing. Makes me chuckle.

Most of the problems with booting and such comes when going near the limit of the stuff you have in computer.

I have had 100s of bugs and reseted bios and and lost partitions.

Stock settings is never a problem.

But this cant be sorted out i think, we just have to live with it.

OC comes hand in hand with trouble =)

PCB Revision A

Date Code 2004/09/14

File LP_NF3_250GB_914.zip

Size 322,951 bytes

Description Power cycles to get Mobile/DTR to post.

they might want to consider getting rid of this bios eh?

very nice they delivered it though:) better back up my copy

time to get back to overclocking:D

Seems as if both sides get a bit heated on some issues and sadly civility and tact disappear :(

Guest Buckstitch

Is there any Mother board maker that will support over clocking?

DFI putts all the setting we need to over clock these boards over clocking is a risk we all take.

Is there any Mother board maker that will support over clocking?

DFI puts all the setting we need to over clock these boards over clocking is a risk we all take.

exactly. Show me a motherboard maker that supports overclocking.

You can't.

You never will.

The liability is too great. We make boards for overclocking. You overclock at your own risk, not ours.

Posting in here goes way past my better judgement, but....

There is a difference between "Support" and "Guarantee"... We get Unofficial "Support" from BIOS modders and enthusiasts on this site, and I'd be tempted to bet those BIOS Modders get "Unofficial" support direct from DFI Employees...

DFI will never and, IMO, should never "Gaurantee"/"Promise" a board that will overclock to xx MHz with xx Components.

For one, they would have to rely on all other companies out there (AMD, Samsung, Seagate... yada, yada, yada, yada...) to produce faultless/compatible components.

Oooh that would make for a busy & angry RMA/Support system!

Be glad we get such a great board and unofficial overclocking support... Either that, or see if the grass really is greener on the other side

Originally posted by Angry_Games

:shake:

What does DTR stand for again? I was under the impression that it stood for DeskTop Replacement, are you saying we should Replace our DeskTop Replacements with a Replacement DeskTop?

:confused: :D classic stuff!

***note***

the above is intended in good humour... lighten up guys :)

:nod: :shake: :nod: all so clearly now!!!

Replace your DeskTop Replacement for a Replacement DeskTop at the Department of Redundancy Department for Replacement.

This is now much more clear!!!

Replace your DeskTop Replacement for a Replacement DeskTop at the Department of Redundancy Department for Replacement.

Hale yeah, I got it now for sure...

Now is a desktop replacement cpu with the rated volts and all of a desktop cpu; a desktop replacement cpu since it is not a mobile???

Dang there I went and got it all confused after I nearly had it!

Hehehehehehehe. Forken me runnen, RGone...:confused: as usual. :shake: