DFI LP biggest issue.......................

are the bios's. I mean there great for OCing but not very dependable. Example, sometimes(50/50) it takes 2 reboots for the changed bios settings to take effect. Not only that I have this issue where for a cold boot the board isn't booting with the correct voltage settings but say at default settings.

Example of that is when from a cold boot screen says something is corrupt please reinstall blank blank blank. I know whats happening is the board is booting with the right OC I have set but the voltages are not and takes a 2nd reboot to enter windows.

Please don't try and tell me to run prime or memtest because everyone else here in this forum is prolly experiencing this same problem.

This happens with the 9/14 and 10/05 beta, haven't run the 10/15 long enough to know if the problem is there as well.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Angry_Games

overclocks and runs stable 24/7 for me and everyone else other than a few (that come here asking questions for a problem)

Please point out anywhere in my post that I said my OC wasn't stable? I was just making a point that this board seems to have boot issues.

If I'm the only one with this issue then it must be my hardware. Man time for a new PS, I mean mine at only a measly $150 must not be cutting it. :mad:

I'm pretty confident other members will voice their opinions as well.

RacerX,

I have the same problem, obviously some people are going to be blind to the problems from this board.:rolleyes:

Try the 8/27 bios the temps are screwed but it doesn't have to be rebooted 2-3 times for the voltages to set, but if you have a DTR cpu DON'T USE IT.

But there are some problems for sure with this mobo but all of them have some problem some just get fixed faster than others.

Originally posted by Jon

RacerX,

I have the same problem, obviously some people are going to be blind to the problems from this board.:rolleyes:

Try the 8/27 bios the temps are screwed but it doesn't have to be rebooted 2-3 times for the voltages to set, but if you have a DTR cpu DON'T USE IT.

But there are some problems for sure with this mobo but all of them have some problem some just get fixed faster than others.

Yeah, running DTR at the moment. The 10/05 seems to like my 3200+DTR the best, atleast performance wise.

I'm sure if enough posters voiced that indeed they have the similar issue it will be looked at.

Talking about booting issues;

With my 3400+ ClawHammer it took 2 or even 3 cycles to get the darn thing to post, and sometimes after it posted it came up with this "detecting array" thing. (only slight overclocked)

Now i have a brand new 3400+ and got a new issue;

Whenever i turn on my pc, it just post fine but as soon as windows starts it gives me a BSOD.

Now turning off and killing standby power and turning back on everythings just fine, post and a flawless boot into windows.

What's going on?

I have this 9/12 betabios and wonder why it takes DFI forever to create a new official bios.

Originally posted by Zeus

Talking about booting issues;

With my 3400+ ClawHammer it took 2 or even 3 cycles to get the darn thing to post, and sometimes after it posted it came up with this "detecting array" thing. (only slight overclocked)

Now i have a brand new 3400+ and got a new issue;

Whenever i turn on my pc, it just post fine but as soon as windows starts it gives me a BSOD.

Now turning off and killing standby power and turning back on everythings just fine, post and a flawless boot into windows.

What's going on?

I have this 9/12 betabios and wonder why it takes DFI forever to create a new official bios.

Think you'll need the 9/14 beta or later bios to get your DTR to work properly. I find the 10/5 beta the best for my DTR.

Originally posted by RacerX

Think you'll need the 9/14 beta or later bios to get your DTR to work properly. I find the 10/5 beta the best for my DTR.

LOL, i don't have a DTR, neither have i a mobile. :D

Originally posted by Zeus

LOL, i don't have a DTR, neither have i a mobile. :D

I stand corrected, saw the clawhammer and jumped to conclusions. My bad.:D

Usually when you get the Detecting Array that means something about your OC isn't stable. I noticed you said slightly OCed, what exactly is a slight OC to you?

I have had zero boot/post issues other than the voltage change needing two times to take effect. I knew that was a potential issue from the get go having read about here in the forums.

I have seen the detecting array maybe twice and locked it up trying to post once too high.

I have been on the 10/05 Oscar Wu beta with the sata update since the beginning of my adventures, ( I pre-flashed a chip and plugged it in my Bios Savior and used it since day one).

My issue is with the 9x multi using two dimms (sorry AG) and my proc seems to hit the wall at about 2520 MHz:( . As far as stability with the bios it has been stellar with my setup.

Originally posted by RacerX

I stand corrected, saw the clawhammer and jumped to conclusions. My bad.:D

Usually when you get the Detecting Array that means something about your OC isn't stable. I noticed you said slightly OCed, what exactly is a slight OC to you?

Slight is only 3GHz or so...lol

Seriously, it was at 10x235 with 1.525V, if that ain't stable for a 2.2GHz default CPU i am the president of America. :D

Got another nice one just yet, tried to boot with CAS3 (3-4-4-7), result: blank screen after post and reboot.:confused:

I'm starting to like this board more and more each day, it's like a woman, just when you think you got her figuerd out she comes up with a new quirk. :D