DFI Lanparty NFII problem

Yea Baby

Ausrinpowers.bmp

Many find the proper costume one of the key ingredients to a successful boot. The sistas are known to give their owners fits at times. So the secret is to fool the sister into thinking you are just a harmless schnook that could care less if they boot.

I have 5 costumes available that seem to do the job. (Unfortunately, I'm using the Austin Powers costume for a build so you'd have to wait a week or two on that one, however)

These four costumes are excellent for doin a Lazarus with the board. They are a stretch fabric so "one size fits all".

The girl's costumes have slight grass stains on the knees unfortunately.

shaggy.bmp

I generally use "stuffed" animals instead of real ones as they seem to burn brighter and longer. A large bonfire is a real necessity that is often overlooked.

Note: Make sure you use a neighbor's yard as clean-up can be a real chore. Loud Heavy Metal music should be played AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE.

I can not stress this enough. Insure all controls are set to "11".

Now pull the jumper below the CPU to set the FSB to 100.

Set the CMOS jumper to Clear as well.

Pull the CMOS battery.

Place board/system in a neutral corner and do NOT touch it for 48 hours. (don't be messing around with it 3 hours later either)

This will give you plenty of time for sacrificing and dancing. :)

Be cautious with liquor bottles near the bonfire.

We've had some unpleasent incidents with drunken dancers in the past splashing on the flames.

Remove board/system from corner

Rub (don't pat her). talk softly but firmly. Promise her a new case if she's good.

replace battery

reset CMOS jumper

LEAVE RED JUMPER OFF

Use one stick of RAM in Slot 1 (Dimm 0)

use bare minimum of periphials

turn on power switch and hope like hell.

If a no go, RMA, 48 hours is enough to spend on the biatch.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know what the funny thing is?, the cops just knocked on my door haha!, but it wasnt for me, they wanted to know if i had seen the guy in the van accross the road do anything supisious, cause aparently he was tryin to get some lil kid into his car >.>;

and the mobo's still in the corner! sir! -salutes- back to the sacrifices, the god will get angry if I spend too much time typin shiat to you guys! :P

After 48 hours of making Sacrifices to verious gods, and doing ritual dances around my bonfire (Behold the image you have all been waiting for :P, no i did not just do an image seach on google >.>; )

bonfire.jpg

I have tested it one last time, with the bear minimum AND...

the 4 dLED's didnt come on, only 2 did, 1 and 2 (or 3 and 4? what order do they go in?, top down i asume, so 1 and 2)

In the user manual it says for 1 and 2: Detecting and installing an IDE device (which i have none pluged it, it just sits there and does nothing, screen still remaining off)

user manual for 3 and 4: Initializing the DRAM controller (sizing)

thanks for all the help so far, anymore help would be much appreciated :)

Gotta tell you that I hope we can get this resolved.

You got a great attitude and would fit right in with the rest of the forum crazies :) PLus the bonfire picture was EXCELLENT!

As RGone said with a Duron and CAS 3 RAM it may be impossible.

If you could beg, borrow, or steal a stick of PC2100 we might have a CHANCE. May want to give it 72 hours (I know, I know) or RMA the board (but I think it's the mem that's the problem).

I do have a spare bios chip I could hotflash and send to you if you are in the USA. (I really would rather not as I may need it myself some day) You could probably get a new one faster at www.badflash.com but I'm willing to help as you are probably all out of stuffed animals at this point.

PM me or try me on MSN messenger if you want to continue fuggin with it. (You did not touch it for 48 hours right?)

Hopin for the best for ya.

Well, I took my PC to school (yes school, they were there, and i had no where else to go)

I stole a few sticks of ram, still no luck, then i stole a CPU out of one of their old comps (a Athlon 1400Mhz), with a stick i stole from then, and BAM it fired up like the bonfire i lit up the other day for the sacrafices

they looked at me funny when yell with joy and lit up a stuffed animal there and then on the spot for the gods :P

I was about to walk out with their ram and such before they caught me, and they said they wanted to keep their ram, but they sold me the CPU for $5 NZ lol, I sent my other ram to be courier back to where i got it from today, but canceled it at the last minute, maybe it will work with this CPU, will find out tonight, and if it does, another Bonfire will be lit, will keep you guys upto date on the pictures if it happens :P