2 x 512mb of OCZ 3700 EB or A-data vitesta DDR600 for dfi ut 250GB?

demonwolf

As the topic says.. which ram would be the best for my system.

Looking to get upto 280 or higher fsb .. ideally as i cant use the 9x multi .. if i could get to 310 or so with loose timings to use with 8x multi thatd be cool. Can use upto 3.2 v with modded biosses.

OCZ 2x512MB 3700EB Platinum edition

or

Adata Vitesta ddr600 2x512MB

i know the adata vitesta are TCCD's .. but i heard that samsung improved their chips recently, so that they fly at high volts.

Was wondering if the adata ddr600 sticks had this new revision?

And was also wondering what the tightest timings are you can run the adata at?

Could someone also tell me what chips are used on the ocz 3700 eb

what are the tightest timings they run at? And what is the highest i can expect with these sticks?

Thanks again

Why cant you use the 9x mult???

Holy crap Racer, 2-2-2-5 at 270htt without any dividers. I want some of that shyte. My Corkair xms xl will only do about 225 at those speeds.

Have you done any testing to confirm the 2.5 3 3 5 290htt is faster than 2 2 2 5 at 270htt, and I am assuming that the cpu speed is running at that same speed of 290htt x ??. I dont let the memory limit my cpu mhz by using the memory divider settings my cpu stays a constant fsb freq. I have found that by establishing the tightest timings with the highest freq, actually makes my box run faster in games. Wow, 2 2 2 5 at 270htt, man I cant get over that, you are one lucky dog.

Originally posted by crankydan

Why cant you use the 9x mult???

Holy crap Racer, 2-2-2-5 at 270htt without any dividers. I want some of that shyte. My Corkair xms xl will only do about 225 at those speeds.

Have you done any testing to confirm the 2.5 3 3 5 290htt is faster than 2 2 2 5 at 270htt, and I am assuming that the cpu speed is running at that same speed of 290htt x ??. I dont let the memory limit my cpu mhz by using the memory divider settings my cpu stays a constant fsb freq. I have found that by establishing the tightest timings with the highest freq, actually makes my box run faster in games. Wow, 2 2 2 5 at 270htt, man I cant get over that, you are one lucky dog.

Don't get to excited its only 1x256 of Corsair PC3500 rev.1.1, thats using a OCZ booster with 3.6v cooled with 90mm fan. Only run that for benching thats it.

I would love to find a 512 stick of bh5 cheap matched that with a 3200/3400DTR at 10x270htt 2-2-2-5-1t would be sweeeeet.

cant run 9x multi on my board .. prime crashes out within secs.

It oly happens with two sticks of 512 .. and with a cpu that has a default multi higher than 9.

So running a NC3200+ I get a default of 11 .. currently have it at 10x245 completely prime stable

tried 9x245 and thats completely unstable. just wont work. Tried all different tweaks with the memory options in the bios. Spent days tweaking each setting then priming. Nothing.

There was a thread in this forum about this issue.. but just this evening it has been closed.

Anyway .. adata vitesta it is.

Just which one now.. I can buy brand new adata ddr600 for £212 (2x512MB)

which isnt bad .. if i can sell my current two sticks for £150 .. id get it.

but i just found a deal for adata vitesta ddr566 for £160.56

is it worth the extra money for the ddr600.. or should i get the deal for the ddr566 Adata?