Sign in to follow this  
pjr710

does this mean my stystem is unstable?

hey guys .. um .. i never built a computer before .. and i have this one now .. it runs well i guess .. but i mean sometimes it locks up..

like im afriad to open a lot of programs at once b/c sometimes it locks up(freezes)

right now im on my dads computer .. its p4 1.7 w/ 256 ddr .. and im def not afriad to open a lot of prog .. b/c it never freezes .. just may take a while to get from one prog to anohter

could my problem be that my clock is at 200 b/c i heard ppl saying like this mobo works better on low frequency .. so i mean .. is my problem normal ? .. what should i do about it

for some reason these boards do not like 200FSB cpu's and we are bugging the TW lab to figure out what the problem is. Try 100/133/166FSB 1:1 and see if you get any problems and let me know while I wait for answer from TW.

ok .. um .. sry for asking .. but what is tw

if i put it on 166.. do i have to change anything else .. what does the 1:1 include

and if i put it on 166 will my ghz go down

and also .. so that problem is b/c of my fsb

TW = taiwan, where our testing labs are

inf_bios9.jpg

if you put it to 166, your Mhz will go down to 2500+ speeds (1.8Ghz)

we need to make sure your cpu will work properly at 166/133/100FSB 1:1 as we have seen this problem before. We are working on a fix for 200FSB cpu's to run at their default 200x11 speed.

please see the sticky thread and give us the information so we can get this problem corrected as soon as possible.

ok so that is what happens then w/ my 200fsb? the problems im havin?

and how long has this problem been going on and when do u plan on having it fixed?