Overclocking LP925X-T2

saperboy

ok i finally got fed up with messing with the NF4 Ultra-D and since i have to leave for the CA office Wednesday morning, I thought I would bring up the 925X-T2 again since it IS all pimped out with Danger Den watercooling lol

now...i have unfortunately ran into the same problem as most others on this board...stupid PCI-E decides to black out after about 225FSB...so I did what you did and put in an ATI Rage Pro 4MB PCI card lol...

blammo instant 250FSB 1:1, no voltage changes anywhere

DFI LanParty 925X-T2

Intel LGA775 2.8ES (Engineering Sample...but multipliers wont change!)

2x512MB Kingston HyperX DDR2-5400 (also can use Ballistix DDR2-5300 and Mushkin DDR2-5400)

ATI 4MB PCI VGA

WD Raptor 36GB 10,000RPM SATA

Matsushita 12x DVD-ROM

Enhance 460w 24-pin Server PSU (does not have capability to run PCI-E cards that require 6-pin power input!)

Danger Den TDX block with Black Ice II Extreme radiator and that killer little 12v pump!

Thermalright NB-1 northbridge cooler

I tried the ATI X850XT PE and the Chaintech 6600GT PCI-E cards and they both fail after 225FSB no matter what I set the PCI-E Frequency to...I am going to have to have a talk with TW about this.

I do apologize that it has taken me this long to get around to the 925X-T2...I've had so much on my plate with the NF4 coming out that I have just not gotten to really fooling with this thing =(

anyway...im @ 250x14 and going to see exactly what this thing will do ;)

more as it comes

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not having much luck with this beast...250 is givin me fits all over the place...im starting to wonder if i have a weak CPU...the one that is in my 875P-T is doing 260x14 on air (XP-90 cooler) and its another 2.8E...but it is one that I purchased myself from newegg...

plus it is on the 875 chipset using my premium OCZ 4400...so far I am not impressed with this DDR2 stuff...

Well, you were able to get the your 2.8E upto 250FSB (using PCI graphics), so for sure the CPU makes it that far.

Using your PCIe graphics, while trying to go to 250FSB, have you tried upping the NB to 1.7V? I noticed that if I set the NB voltage to any other voltage, i.e. 1.6v or 1.8v, it will fail. But if I stick to 1.7v, it'll go into windows and allow me to benchmark. Also, what works for me using PCIe, I set the CPU to 1.425v and set the ram to SPD settings. Finally, make sure the PCIe frequency has to be exactly 115MHz.

115MHz seems to be the magic number, so far this is the commonality among others that I've known who've tried and made it work.

I can't wait for 925XE to come out, I'd probably go for that, since I've heard that DFI has pegged the PCIe locking for that board. Hope it comes soon.

hrmmm...seems that 1.425v wasnt enough for this Prescott...which is odd because these aren't supposed to need a lot of voltage...ah well

so i bumped this one up to 1.450v and it seems ok (still using PCI card...will switch over to PCI-E in a minute if it makes it through memtest twice)

ah thanks for the info saper...i will go back over and change to the settings you listed (instead of kicking this thing all the way back to California haha)

did you ever change your Vdimm settings?

My ADATA doesn't require additional juice upto 250FSB.

But with my current 289FSB, I did set it to 2.0V

i had to set the darn Prescott to 1.500v to even get it to run @ 250x14 =(

still on vdimm of 1.800v and chipset of 1.700v

its hit about 4 hours of Memtest 1.51+ and no errors at all so I am gonna see if she'll ramp up to 270-ish (heh, you know these cpu's are burners when you can feel your waterlines getting VERY warm ;) )

if it will do 270-ish then I will pop a Chaintech 6600GT PCI-E in there and see what she'll do...the psu i have wont allow me to run the X850XT PE dang it (and its too much hassle to swap out for this new OCZ 420w Powerstream since it will be going into my NF4 SLI-DR when it arrives for replacement...)

ok this board is really making me want to drag it into the desert and shoot it...passed 5h+ of memtest @ 250x14...so i jump it up to 266x14 and blammo it goes into endless no-boot/reboot

so i clear cmos and start over and now it wont go to 250x14 anymore...plus it just blew my Enhance 460w ATX2.0 psu

so I have the OCZ 420w Powerstream plugged into it and reloading windows @ 215x14 (as that is the only speed it will get past the POST screen now)

something very odd is going on here...

For those asking what settings I have to get into 289FSB while using PCI graphics card...

First... Load Optimize Settings... then,

CPU v = 1.5V

ram v = 2.0V

NB = 1.8V

PCIe LAN = deactivated

PCIe Freq = AUTO

ram = SPD

Performance mode = Turbo

If I use my PCIe GW-6600GT-GS-GLH, the settings for 250FSB...

First... Load Optimize Settings... then,

CPU v = 1.425V

ram v = default

NB = 1.7V

PCIe LAN = Active

PCIe Freq = 115MHz (if I set this higher than 119MHz, my sata HDDs goes loco)

ram = SPD

Performance mode = Turbo

BTW, if you want to set your NB to 1.8V, better have an active cooling. I've attached a 40mm Sunon fan on top of the default heatsink to help cool it down.

Hope this helps.