Sign in to follow this  
soundx98

XP2600 Mobile 0401

puppetmasta - master of puppets and paster of muppets.

Got lucky with a neowinian who needed da cash. :D

gonna steal the BH-6 out of the point of sale PC at work. I'll let you know how she goes. lookin for a nuther toaster here but I doubt if I'll have the patience for Prime 95. :)

As I recall from when I was shoping for my 2600, most all "I" steppings from week 48 through 03-04 with (x)PMW were geting very good OC's. So you should be in really good company with that chip :nod:

'sides dat youse knows how to tickle these HO's to make 'em go fast! (did those costumes ever get back from the cleaners/got all those stains out?) hehehehehe.

Betta warn the neighbors the midnight rituals will be happening again....:eek:

Let's see those screen shots when you get her running good!

Gotta love the bargain hunter!

Oldfaht

Originally posted by De_Cruelz

Hey mate

I do own one with the exact same stepping. Currently running it at 236 X 11with 1.875vcore. When I first got the chip it did 2.6Ghz at 1.85vcore and could prime on for more than 24 hours no problems. I didn't have much time to do such long tests so currently I just run it at 1.875.

Managed to boot in at 2.7Ghz (235X11.5) with 1.9vcore but I think my PSU couldn't take it. Thinking of changing my PSU as all my rails are below the ratings. Hope that helps :)

What are you using to cool that baby with?? 1.875 seems like alot of voltage for that clock.

I cool my babe with a SP-97 and 92mm Tornado. Keeps em constantly in the low 40's. Temps rarely ever exceed 45C though unless running prime Large FFT's. I hardly have the time or patience anymore to run long marathons with prime. So to avoid system instability I feed it a little extra so that they just don't crash on me, period. Will definitely do more testing and tweaking once I get my 2 X 512 kit of BH5 goodness ;)

Note: Sig edited to include cooling details.

I need 1.95 v to keep my AQs stable over 2600MHz.

SLK900A with Thermaltake SmartFans (A2017)

hey all,

Seeing as most of you posting have xp 2600 mobiles working with your lpb's i was wondering if any of you have had any problems getting those chips to work with your board.

I was reading a few other threads where a guy had trouble getting his xp2500m working with a lpb and the only response he got back was that desktop boards are not guaranteed to work with mobile processors. (This was from Angry games so i'm gonna trust his knowledge).

So bottom line, have any of you had to mod your processors or had to use any other bios versions other than 6/19 to make your mobile cpus work in the lpb??

I'm looking to get one soon and don't want to run into any compatibility problems, but if i do I need to be prepared!

-brings back olds threds-

Just found me a XP-m 2600 in NZ (pritty hard to come by, well someone willing to sell one anyways, arrives next week tho =/)

Steping are very simular to the ones you god Soundx98 (didnt light any stuffed animals this time tho sorry :P)

AXMG2600FQQ4C - IQYHA 0401MPMW

btw whats the best air cooling around atm? would a SP-97 with a Smart Fan II be allright to overclock it a fair bit with?