Sign in to follow this  
pjr710

how do i overclock

do i just put the clock rate up on my bios? and if so .. like how do i find out if its stable and stuff

...overclock my shett? Let me count the ways after I learn a few of the basics so I don't completely screw up...

And if you are going to be doing your training and first forays into the weird, wild, wacky and addictive world of overclocking with the LpB Sister as your 'first' platform for gaining experience, let me suggest this to save you some serious trouble. Especially as I see you have an XP3200+ processor in the cpu socket.

Pasted:

Let me make one more suggestion and it is to purchase you an item called a bios saviour. It is a piggybacked 'second' bios chip that is switchable from your main bios to a spare bios. RD1-PMC4 is the number and it is a very tidy solution to use in NF2 chipset motherboards. You get the thing and install on a booting computer and using correct procedure> you flash that spare bios and then after making sure it will at least boot the computer> you swap back onto the original bios chip and go your merry way with the safety of a spare and 'ready' bios chip to keep you from the headache you just are experienceing. I use the bios savior on "all" my NF2 motherboards regardless of brand as I have been saved by the bios savior at least 3 times from a failed boot that was unexpected.

End Paste.

Now you have a truth set before you and you must make choices and there will be consequences to your choices.

Sincerely, RGone...:confused: as usual.