Sign in to follow this  
pjr710

[Resolved] NF2 Ultra B Help!!!! Please...

Hey guys... i am totally new to building computers, this is my first one,

I have the NF2 Ultra B board, corasair 512mb, athlon xp3200, 480w ps

'

my friend, who has built his own computer, helped me out w/ this,

i recieved my processor yetsterday, and installed it, i have all the parts to make the computer run.

The problem is, whenever i turn on the computer, my heatsink fan runs, all the leds are lit up, but for some reason, my moniter does not do anything. It comes up w/ teh same screen as if it was not plugged into the video card.

i cannot get to the bios.. i am clueless ,, as is my friend on waht to do.

If you guys would please help me out w/ this i would appreciate it..

thx

Hi, you can try RE-INSERTING the video card to make sure its seated in the slot and secure. you also have to clear your c-mos before putting in a new procc or building a new rig, did your friend do this? its a jumper near the AGP slot that the graphics card goes in. with computer off and unpluged pull out the jumper and replace so that it is joining the other two pins, wait for 2-5 min and put back to original location. the fire it up.. and IF you get a picture tap the delete key, then select load optimized defaults.. hope this helps..:)

also i noticed you gave info about your system but i recomend you put all you system hardware/specs in your Sig so its easer for us in the forums to see your hardware cobinations used for troubleshooting ;)

are you sure you have connected the two cables of the ps to the mobo?? is one squere and another rectangle, if you have this connected proobe to changing the jumper of the clear cmos start on th pc wait some seconds, turn of the pc , change the jumper again and start on again, but i can say you a friend had the same problem and was because hi didn' connect the secondary power cable. i hope this can help you... good luck

hye thx guys ... um .. i tried 2 different video cards .. same thing happens ..

i tried the cmos thing ... i switched the jumper on the last 2, turned it on for 5 minutes, turned it off, put the jumper bakc to where it was, and still the same thing happend ..

another thing, my dvd drive doesnt open.. i dont no y .. its brand new .. if u guys could help .. id appreciate it.. thx

First things first are you SURE everything is seated properly and BOTH psu power cables are in the board as stated above?

What kind of psu do you have?

Is your power light for the case on?(just asking because its a known fact that the case power led wont turn on when the bios is dorked)

make sure clear cmos jumper is on pin 1+2

You can try the insert trick

With the power to the psu pulled hold the insert key and plug the psu back in still holding insert key power up normally...

mott .. yes my psu is in the correct spot .. and yes i noticed that the little red light on my case doesnt turn on.. i was wondering why ...

and ur saying that to clear the cmos .. u put it on 1 and 2? .. in the manual it says to cleat put on 2 and 3 .. umm ... if u have anything else to say .. i would appreciate it thank you

hey guys .. i jsut noticed .. on my psupply .. that red switch .. that says 115 or 230 was on 230 .. i changed it to 115 and my cd drive opens now .. it still doesnt boot .. but i noticed only the first 2 leds light up on my mobo .. do u no why?

I'm having trouble with an NFII Ultra Infinity setup also.

And right back at the start I had the same "monitor not waking up" problem but only after the first couple of powerups.

It was a failed PSU. An Enermax 480W too. Everything powered up but the monitor stayed asleep!!

Not what I'd expected to be at fault. Just goes to show the PSU can be the root of all evils.