Sign in to follow this  
carlo75

Can this be done?

I´ve just purchased DFI NFII Ultra REV A

This boards does not use CPU diode to measure the core temperature, and I saw the some guide made by Gizmo (other forum), and came with another maybe simpler way to do it, but I need help from the Pro´s!

The idea is to just desolder the thermcouple the board has in socket, and to solder two very small wires to where the thermocouple was soldered. Now take this two wires and make them travel all the way back to the back of the socket and solder them to the pins in which the CPU diode works.

In a simple way we just don´t take the risk of de soldering the winbond chip and damaging it in the process, we just take the same channel the chip is monitoring the temperatures, but with another sensor.

As simple it may seem there are still some things I would like to ask if possible.

1. Can the thermocouple be simply replaced for a thermal diode?

2. Would we have to make a change on the winbond chip to make it work?

3. Is this mod worth doing?

I leave it to the experts...

i´ve installed it...

here´s a picture of the temps I get...

CPU sensor has +5ºC set on MBM5...

this picture is a comparison between speedfan and MBM5 the sensor settings for MBM are there...

Originally posted by rangerdave

i myself use a thermocouple on the bottom of the cpu, when the cpu gets hotter, the faster the fan gets..works great

Is it stable to run xp2600 mobile at 1.62V vcore? how about 1.7V¿¿??

Hey Angry...

since youre an employee of DFI, maybe you an send my suggestions for future motherboards that i´m pretty sure someone else has made them.

1. Cpu diode direct reading of temp, not 100% acurate, but more acurate that socket thermsistor.

2. Motherboard fan controller, of all 3 fans that can be installed on the board, since Winbond module can control up to 3 fans depending on temperature.

3.I don´t know if other boards come as my NFII ultra, but this board did not came with rounded ATA cables, but my cheaper MSI KT6V came with (semi rounded cables?) not rounded but bent? well it was in a smaller way that thoose in the DFI

If I can think of more suggestions, I will write them here...

Thanks