Sign in to follow this  
carlo75

Weird temps and best bios for REV A?

I´m New here, but I´ve read some threads on DFI Infinity ultra

what BIOS version would be the best for overclocking a REV A infinity ultra??

Just got this answer from DFI support.

Thanks for sending us e-mail! NFII Ultra Infinity does not support FAN speed control. This feature was supported on LANPARTY UT NF3 250GB. If possible, please advise the sites that you read this message. We will check with them for making correction.

At present, we use Thermister for sensing the bottom of CPU and simulate the actual core temperature CPU trough the calculation in BIOS. Though there’s coating on the outside of sensor, we add consider this factor when calculating it. This is the trend in motherboard field. We will forward your suggestion to our R&D for reference.

----------------------------------------------

As a conclusion the temperature measurement is incredably inacurate and there is no fan speed control.

Even that is true I love the kind of overclocking I can get with this board. but this things should be considered and fixed for better board design.

As a conclusion the temperature measurement is incredably inacurate and there is no fan speed control.

And you are absolutely correct.

I love the kind of overclocking I can get with this board

And you are absolutely correct again.

It's amazing that some motherboard manufacturer doesn't understand that we'd be willing to PAY for accurate and complete

voltage/temperature monitoring systems