Sign in to follow this  
RacerX

NF3+ATI+Online gaming=blows

Before I blow my head off this is not a DFI problem. Seems I'm having a serious driver issue with my 9800Pro and my NF3 board. My system randomly freezes at will while online gaming, does when my system even at default settings. I've tried my DFI LP and MSI Neo and get same results.

Things I've tried:

Different Nvidia chipset drivers 4.27 thru to the new beta 6.10's

Tried different Cat drivers and even some Omega's

Disabled VPU in the control panel

Must be something I'm missing cause my friends pc I built with a 9600XT is doing the same, obviously I used the same drivers as myself.

I thought after 2 weeks I could figure this out but I'm at the point where I'm ready to throw my pc out the window.

I'm desperate:(

Originally posted by jess1313

have you tried turning off fast writes in bios, or increasing the Vagp?

-Jess-

Fast writes have been turned off and tried with enable and same results.

Why more VAGP? Seems odd I would need to do this, is this normal for all NF3 setups?

have you tested your exact Vidcard to be stable in another system?

well, to be honest with you, it might be a problem with my vidcard, but even at stock, i have problems at 1.5vagp...

when i increase to 1.6-1.7, it all cleares up..

(but if it is a problem, im not worried about it, cuz after cranking it up to 1.7vagp, and alittle cooling, it runs stable at 460/420.....:D )...

-Jess-

These are my symptoms, sometimes the game will just freeze and I can hear the game continue to play. Other times I will loose signal to my monitor completely. Again this happens when even at default settings and not OCing my video card.

Most definitely a driver conflict somewhere. If this helps using W2K, SP4 and directx 9b.

Thanks for the reply.

Lets keep in mind this happens has well with my friends PC MSI Neo Plat/ ATI 9600XT. Pretty much exactly same drivers has myself.

The game is N2003, my other friend just built up a 64bit system as well with a cheap G3 Ti200 and has zero problems with the game. This happens in other games as well so I know its not a N2003 issue.

Maybe its a Win2K problem. I ran my 9800pro on an Epox,Msi and Dfi with no problems. The all ran XP

Originally posted by dmon

Maybe its a Win2K problem. I ran my 9800pro on an Epox,Msi and Dfi with no problems. The all ran XP

no i have used two 9800 pro's and a 9600 XT on the DFI NF3-250gb, and MSI NF3, and a Shuttle NF3, all using Windows 2000, and SP4, none of which had any problems, exept my one card that need extra V-AGP for some reason........

-Jess-

Check to make sure that the power cable that is going to the video card is a dedicated line... Dont let that line power anything but the video card..

I had a 3d instability problem once and it turned out being that I had my 92mm tornado hooked up on the same line as my 9800pro..lol.. Funny thing is I normally do give it a dedicated line but one time I musta forgot..hehe

Originally posted by RacerX

These are my symptoms, sometimes the game will just freeze and I can hear the game continue to play. Other times I will loose signal to my monitor completely. Again this happens when even at default settings and not OCing my video card.

Most definitely a driver conflict somewhere. If this helps using W2K, SP4 and directx 9b.

Thanks for the reply.

Lets keep in mind this happens has well with my friends PC MSI Neo Plat/ ATI 9600XT. Pretty much exactly same drivers has myself.

The game is N2003, my other friend just built up a 64bit system as well with a cheap G3 Ti200 and has zero problems with the game. This happens in other games as well so I know its not a N2003 issue.

The 250GB requires DX9C not B.

Go into the DirectX Diagnostic and lower the Sound Hardware Acceleration to the

full left positions and see if that cures the lockups. If it does try moving the slider to

the right one notch at a time until the lockup return then move the slider back to the

left one notch.

Viper

Hi there I think this maybe your problem:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware...pbfreeze/3.html

I don't know whether there is anything you can do because I had a similar problem with Americas Army I kept getting kicked for no reason, to fix the problem I had to update punkbuster manually and type in the console pb_security 0 or something like that.

I must confess that I dont know which game you're talking about and if doesn't contain punkbuster the ignore this post LOL

Thanks for all the suggestions. For those that don't know N2003 stands for Nascar 2003 obviously racing sim.

Viper, that was was my next step, though my friend with a Chaintech VNF3 250 is still using directx 8.1 loaded on his XP, again though he's using a nvidia agp.

Will trying everything mentioned in this thread and can ya posted.

Thanks again.