512 + 256 + 256 @ DFI nF3

so dosent this work? just bought a other stick of hyperX cuz i wanted 1 GB ram.. i know this worked on my nf2 board but.. but its helluva unstable @ my Nf3... why even put 3 dimms solts if i cant use em?

Originally posted by ElixXx

so dosent this work? just bought a other stick of hyperX cuz i wanted 1 GB ram.. i know this worked on my nf2 board but.. but its helluva unstable @ my Nf3... why even put 3 dimms solts if i cant use em?

"Does it work...."

Yes...

but....

you will most likely have to run your ram at sub 200mhz speeds to achive stability, this is a proporty of the A64 memcontroler.

i would try it out and see, some things you can try besides slowing your ram down....

1. set the "read preamble" to 6ns...

2. Try different Dram Drive Strenths.......(most likely 1 or 2 will work best....)

3. try disableing CPC....

4. be sure to use the 512k stick in the dimm slot closest to the CPU....

GL

-Jess-

yea 512 in dimm one nearest to CPU, running 200mhz 2-2-2-10-T1 @ 3volt seems fine the 512 is a CH5 stick..

havent tryed the other settings yet..

i tryed the CH5 and it does alone 230mhz 2-3-2-10-T1 @ 3.1 volts.. with all 3 sticks not even 220 2.5-3-3-7-T2

well i guess 2x 512MB TCCD sticks should come in handy then.. hehe

So using 3 memory slots is not advisable for overclocking with the NF3?

I currently have 2-256 sticks which enables me to run my A64 2800+ @ 9x250. I currently have another 1-512 stick on the way, and basing on this thread it wont work with my system :(

exactly, i can run 200mhz flawless.. but i want my baby to run @ 2500mhz not 2000 :P hehe.. i will try some other memory settings, and try other places whit em. if it dosent work im gonna get, to start whit a 512MB KHX3200UL wich seems to have samsung TCCD ics.. if i get good results i get a other one :D