Sign in to follow this  
chris.y2k.r1

Unstable Suddenly

Things were fine for the longest time but now, suddenly, I am getting a instant shutdown. The system just powers off. I am assuming this is temp related?? The last time it happen, I was running Prime and my temps were under 50c according to WDM. Any thoughts??

PSU is very important to keep a stable and happy rig going @ 100% full load :nod: aim for an Enermax Noisetaker 475 ;)

Originally posted by Denzil

PSU is very important to keep a stable and happy rig going @ 100% full load :nod: aim for an Enermax Noisetaker 475 ;)

but doesn't the noisetaker 475 has lower amps on the +12v rail? only 16A if am not mistaken

Originally posted by soulfly

but doesn't the noisetaker 475 has lower amps on the +12v rail? only 16A if am not mistaken

On the first one of the two rails, yes. :D

Summed up, it has 31A on both of the 12V rails ...

Running my 3200+ DTR at 1.9V with no fluctuations at all.

but, of course, this could also be caused by overheating or too little voltage on a component.

Instant shutdown makes me thing of the thermal protection in the cpu: if it becomes too hot it automatically shuts down.

You can also check the shutdown/temp warning settings in the bios. Maybe you configured it to shutdown when 50degrees of cpu temp is reached orso.

But again...just some thoughts.

By the way, did you also connect that little 4 pin (square) connector of your psu (if it has one of course) to the mobo?

Originally posted by TheWizzard

but, of course, this could also be caused by overheating or too little voltage on a component.

Instant shutdown makes me thing of the thermal protection in the cpu: if it becomes too hot it automatically shuts down.

You can also check the shutdown/temp warning settings in the bios. Maybe you configured it to shutdown when 50degrees of cpu temp is reached orso.

But again...just some thoughts.

By the way, did you also connect that little 4 pin (square) connector of your psu (if it has one of course) to the mobo?

I thought it could have been thermal shutdown but I don't have control over that in the BIOS.

Yes the four pinner is connected.

:)