Sign in to follow this  
LED

DFI LP Ultra B high FSB problem

I have a little problem: at high FSB, 250-260, the system is moving like ****, in "slow-motion". Overall it takes too much time to open the programs. How can I manage this?

The system is in my sig. The settings I used for FSB260: vcore 1.85V, vmem 3.3V optimal timing 8-4-4-3 (I'm not happy with this, but...) CPC on, chipset 1.7V .

Check CPU-Z and make sure its actually running at the settings you THINK it is. Could be it fails at the settings and defaults on boot to 6x 100Mhz..... just a thought.

Originally posted by Denzil

can't see a thing on the pic's :|

...which means what? You can't see the pics or you need other infos regarding the problem?

I posted the pics as an answer to uwackme's post, just to show that the settings where correct.

I still have the problem, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to open simple apps, not to mention the games or anything that requires a lot of resources... :(

I don't have this problem with a FSB <250.

Originally posted by Denzil

Hum, no wonder... 8-4-4-3-3 as timings is damn slow : you would be better off @ 250 with tighter memory timings

Yeah, too damn slow... :)

But I don't think I'll solve the problem by setting more agressive timings, isn't? ;)

Mmm...it seems that I'll not get any help from the DFI forum. It's impossible to exist only one user (me) with this problem.

I'll try to help myself...as usual.

Damn, I f****d up my Corsairs. :(

Now I'm running 2x512 PC4300 Twinmos Twister (Hinyx D5) and it's everything ok.

The setup is 1.85V CPU, 2.9V memory, 1.9V chipset. Lower than this is unstable.

For example:

FSB260.jpg

sandra_memorie_260.jpg

Now I don't like the Sandra score. It's too little for this FSB, but I think that the memory timing (11-3-3-2.5) was the cause.

does the Hynix D5 tolerate high voltage?

i've used Hynix D43 before and it didn't really like voltage. overvoltaging (3.0v and above) will generate errors in prime.