Go Vote

Col.Howard

Kerry supporters were convinced he could win by garnering the 18-24 vote. problem is the Rock the Vote and other programs did not increase the youth turnout. Same numbers as 4 years ago. Sad.

We'll probably have 4 new justices appointed over the next 4 years. A Republican controlled congress and senate will change the face of our great nation. We'll have a very difficult time extracating our troops from Iraq. And I'm extremely concerned over the lack of funding in education and medical care. As a 57 year old church going Vietnam Vet - I'm with Angry.

I hope and pray I am wrong. God Bless the U.S.A.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh remember Clarence Thomas? he was some ultra-right wing ultra-conservative...until he became a Supreme Court Justice...then he took off the mask and BLAMMO he is a damn near ultra-liberal left wing judge hehe

which is good...our Supreme Court needs balance. 8 ultra conservatives + 1 liberal = bad bad bad

8 liberals + 1 conservative = bad bad bad

4+5 or 5+4 = balance (as justices don't always vote along 'party' lines)

is very scary that rebublicans control not only presidency, but both houses of congress...the balance in the fed govt is almost always a pres of one party and at least one (if not both) houses of congress controlled by the opposing party...

ah well. I love Canada and Australia. If things get really bad I'm gonna bug Jacky to death to let me open up the AUS office and be the head monkey down there.

I agree with the definition ... sounds very logical to me ...

Also, my discreet math prof told us about Arrow's Theorem ... according to him, there are 4 basic "things" that a voting system has to satisfy to be considered a "good" voting system ...

and it is pretty much impossible to make a system to correspond to that ...

IMO, a perfect voting system = selection by unanimouse vote (like in death penalty cases)

Originally posted by Col.Howard

Well I want to say two things:

1) I didnt mean to turn this into a political debate....just wanted to give a friendly reminder to those in the states, to exercise your right to vote.

2)On the subject of politics in general, I wont give you my opinion, but I do want to give my definion of politics. Disclaimer: Politics is a GREEK word, so my definition is not TRUE!

Howard's LATIN Definition of Politics:

Poli = many

tics = bloodsucking creatures

Therefore, Politics means many bloodsucking creatures.

heh heh heh

they just follow the US gov't in AUS ...

Canada is fine except if you're french canadian :P

Originally posted by Angry_Games

heh remember Clarence Thomas? he was some ultra-right wing ultra-conservative...until he became a Supreme Court Justice...then he took off the mask and BLAMMO he is a damn near ultra-liberal left wing judge hehe

which is good...our Supreme Court needs balance. 8 ultra conservatives + 1 liberal = bad bad bad

8 liberals + 1 conservative = bad bad bad

4+5 or 5+4 = balance (as justices don't always vote along 'party' lines)

is very scary that rebublicans control not only presidency, but both houses of congress...the balance in the fed govt is almost always a pres of one party and at least one (if not both) houses of congress controlled by the opposing party...

ah well. I love Canada and Australia. If things get really bad I'm gonna bug Jacky to death to let me open up the AUS office and be the head monkey down there.

Originally posted by Angry_Games

A_G come on over to OZ, most of the time sport is more important here than politics.

Plus I think DFI really need some more exposure here.:)