Sign in to follow this  
Col.Howard

Go Vote

Guest RoJo
Originally posted by Budster

I voted but the turd from south park wasn't on the ballot.. did

I miss something?

Yeah I have the same feeling about politics, one parties just the same as the other. Where every you are.

And at the end of the day, the turd from South Park, could do a better job.

but there are people who want to force you to vote when u can't make up your mind ... like puffy's "vote or die" campaign (if he meant it literally)

South Park doesn't try to "be" funny ... they try to show WTF is going on in simpler terms ...

because when u ask a politician about (FOR EXAMPLE) if we need stricter gun control laws (clearly a yes or no, or a maybe answer, right?), he will say something along the lines of "we need to look at the situation and apply proper 'treatment'" ... this is not answering the question ... and South Park basically says what I said ... and I didn't try to be funny ...

Originally posted by Angry_Games

i think it is important to at least know what you are voting for, and I think it is important for you to exercise your American-born right to vote. We fought bloody wars in this country to be able to vote.

Guest dicecca112

and again I reiterate, bush people lie, they lied before and they'll lie again

Statement from Kerry Campaign Manager Mary Beth Cahill on Ohio

"The vote count in Ohio has not been completed. There are more than 250,000 remaining votes to be counted. We believe when they are, John Kerry will win Ohio."

Well I want to say two things:

1) I didnt mean to turn this into a political debate....just wanted to give a friendly reminder to those in the states, to exercise your right to vote.

2)On the subject of politics in general, I wont give you my opinion, but I do want to give my definion of politics. Disclaimer: Politics is a GREEK word, so my definition is not TRUE!

Howard's LATIN Definition of Politics:

Poli = many

tics = bloodsucking creatures

Therefore, Politics means many bloodsucking creatures.

heh heh heh

I voted and am proud of my right to vote. This mainly due to the fact that my father is a vietnam vet and i grew up with the idea that you can make a difference, maybe not in the presidential election cause we know how that goes down, but in your state. Like its been said, people died to give us this right and we should try to use it to honor those that died. Like John Kerry said in his concession speech "No matter who wins the election, we all wake up Americans and that's the greatest thing." Or something along those lines.

Also my age group, 18-24, are the future of this country and i think it is great that movements such as vote or die! or rock the vote tried to mobilize young people to get out and vote. We need to start paying attention to what's going on in the world because if we aren't careful it could come back to haunt us when we actually are the decision makers.

Strictly my opinion and probably just saying what others have already said.